DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Short, double right angled XLR (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/146811-short-double-right-angled-xlr.html)

Ayesha Khan March 28th, 2009 06:26 AM

Short, double right angled XLR

Hi there.

I can't seem to find a super short right angled (both ends) 3 pin XLR cable. Is it a figment of my imagination?

And by super short I was thinking a 30 cm one would be fine for the A1 to mic? Is that appropriate?

I'm happy to "make my own" if that's the only option. Although wil have to scavenge the tinternet for direction on that. Surely it's as easy as changing a plug... *she hopes*

And... although it almost deserves it's own thread: TAH DAH: I got my A1s today. Yes. Yes. I am very proud. Thank you all. Just need to wait for all the bits and bobs to arrive!

Hubert Duijzer March 28th, 2009 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just like i have, search for a mic-cable seller in your city, or do it yourself.
I'm not good at it, so the seller did it for me. 2 neutrik right-angle connectors and 30cm cable.
Perfect!
This is with a Rode SM5/NTG-2

Bill Pryor March 28th, 2009 01:32 PM

Does that connector rotate so it goes up instead of out to the right on the camera end?

Hubert Duijzer March 28th, 2009 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can turn the right angle connectors 90 degrees to the left or 90 degrees to the right. Or up and down in this case.
Actually the guy who made the cable for me misunderstood me and put that connector down, but it is easy to turn by yourself. You can find the instructions in the pdf.

Bill Busby March 28th, 2009 04:17 PM

I just gotta get me a couple of those.

Peter Manojlovic March 28th, 2009 07:34 PM

Hubert........
What the???

Did you drill a hole through your cover plate??

I didn't realize that you headphones could connect without removing the protector???
Great idea..

Michael Wisniewski March 28th, 2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayesha Khan (Post 1034950)
I can't seem to find a super short right angled (both ends) 3 pin XLR cable. Is it a figment of my imagination?

It seems like such a simple thing, but I had to custom order it. Congrats on the new cam.

Richard Alvarez March 28th, 2009 08:44 PM

"Search" is your friend.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/all-thing...lr-cables.html

Some good links in that thread.

Dave Stern March 29th, 2009 12:56 PM

Remote Audio | 3-Pin XLR Angled Male to XLR | REM CAXJ12RTMF

?

Hubert Duijzer March 30th, 2009 03:13 AM

That's the one Dave, only in europe i couldn't find one.

@Peter, yes i did drill a 10mm hole. I didn't like the cover hanging around when using headphones. It isn't my idea, as almost everything, i learned it from someone here.

@Richard, i see i did upload a picture in that thread too, totally forgot about that... I was thinking, hmm looks exactly likes mine, until i saw my name. I have really spend too much time around the internet.

Jonathan Bufkin March 30th, 2009 05:18 AM

A company called Redco in the States does great with custom cables and will let you pick everything. A friend of mine just ordered from Israel and is very pleased.

Battle Vaughan March 31st, 2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic (Post 1035258)
Hubert........
What the???

Did you drill a hole through your cover plate??

I didn't realize that you headphones could connect without removing the protector???
Great idea..

I did the job on my cam with an Exacto knife in about two minutes..../Battle Vaughan/Miamiherald.com video team

Ayesha Khan April 7th, 2009 08:42 AM

Just wanted to add that I managed to get a cable made up EXACTLY how I wanted for 12 quid from Sound & Lighting Hire in Edinburgh Glasgow Scotland The Warehouse with 3.50 postage plus VAT coming to just under 18 quid.

The guy was really helpful and he said it may take up to four or five days but managed to get it delivered NEXT DAY when I ordered quite late in the working day yesterday. I was really quite surprised when it showed up.

I have no affiliation with the company and may have paid more than making it myself but I thought I should mention it as its a UK based company (in Glasgow) and I'm sure people will need it in the future. Speedy friendly service and all that.

Also Cadence Cable Systems - Pro Audio Cables called me back but I had already ordered. I think they also may make cables up too. Don't know though.

Thanks for your replies. I had gone through search but obviously either with the wrong phrase or not checking all the threads properly. Thanks for the link though!