DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Issues capturing 24p in cineform and editing in premiere cs2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/157525-issues-capturing-24p-cineform-editing-premiere-cs2.html)

Leo Bolanos April 3rd, 2009 09:30 PM

Issues capturing 24p in cineform and editing in premiere cs2

Hello.

Iīm doing some test for an upcoming film project we plan to shoot with 3 xh a1īs and blow to 35 mm for teathers. Iīm recording at 24f 1080p and then capturing the video in cineform HDlink in .mov clips using the film scan quality setup, Frame format progresive, no rate change and keep source aspect ratio on. Then Iīm loading this into premiere pro cs2 using the cineform prospect HD -custom- preset at 23.97 fps and 1440 x 1080 1.333 ratio. Once I load the mov clip, I can see that premiere recognizes the clip as 23.97 fps progresive video and everything looks ok. But then I have the first issue: If I press the space bar or the play button in the program window, there is no play back of the clip. Second, I can see in the program window that the video is interlaced. If I zoom in the video the interlacing becomes very clear. The field options in the timeline are set to NONE. and the frame blend set to ON. What I am doing wrong ? I tougth I would get progresive video, but it doesnīt seems to be the case. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks and forgive my english.

Peter Manojlovic April 5th, 2009 06:27 PM

Is it possible to capture or convert to a Cineform AVI, or are you on a Mac???

As far as NeoScene is concerned, i was informed by David, that there is no Importer made for CS2, as NeoScene is a newer product, intended for Premiere 3.0 and 4.0.
He mentioned to go ahead with the install, and am under the impression that there shouldn't be a problem, but performance wouldn't be stellar....

Leo Bolanos April 8th, 2009 01:08 AM

Hi Peter...

Iīm using prospect HD in the PC. I have tried converting to avi and mov, but still the interlacing is there. I really need to get this thing working, but I have tried everything without success.
Come on guys, a little help would be nice. This supousse to be a forum to help other guys to find solutions and to share knowledge, isnīt it? Letīs show some courtesy to the non-americans....

Peter Manojlovic April 8th, 2009 07:45 AM

Double check the project settings and playback settings...
Some more information might be helpful..

Go to:

Project settings>General>Playback settings...

Give us a screenshot of the Cineform Playback options...

Jack Walker April 8th, 2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo Bolanos (Post 1065680)
Come on guys, a little help would be nice. This supousse to be a forum to help other guys to find solutions and to share knowledge, isnīt it? Letīs show some courtesy to the non-americans....

Perhaps you would get more responses on Cineform questions if you post in the Cineform forum:
CineForm Software Showcase - The Digital Video Information Network

Or better yet, to get your Cineform product up and running, you could go to the Cineform support page. They are very responsive:
Support Center