Music Video with XHA1 and Letus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #1
New Boot

Music Video with XHA1 and Letus

Just wrapped a music video for a band in boston. This is my first video using the letus. I'm not too familiar with it yet, so I got mixed results, but I was pleased with most of the shots.

Clarias - "WINOK" Music Video on Vimeo

Let me know your thoughts.
Michael Malagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #2
Trustee

My thoughts... It looks like you did not turn on the Letus while you were shooting.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #3
Tourist

hey

hey bro I liked the concept of the video
I was woundering u eddited it?
how can you make the transition in second 10-11
can u teach me?
Omar Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Major Player

Hey, man, this was a really good video. Good job on this. The colors were great, especially that blue sky when you're shooting up at the singer (the shot with the tree behind him.)

Thoughts on the Letus - except for a few shots where you pull focus from foreground to background, I didn't notice the Letus much.

But a great video. The concept of the sheep (like we're all mindless wandering sheep?) was cool, with the creepy masks. Well done.
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #5
New Boot

Thanks guys.

Omar, you can find different textures in videos or make some of your own and overlay them to create transitions like that. One way is to film lights at night with a slow shutter speed and move your camera around. You can use that as an overlay to create a transition.

David, There were actually a couple shots where I did forget to turn the letus on. It's my first attempt at it, so obviously I didnt use it to its full extent or even that well for that matter, but I was just showing you some work.
Michael Malagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I won't be as harsh but I agree that I can't really tell that you're using the adapter to it's full advantage.

However I have to say its a STUNNING video in my opinion. Really well put together and some striking imagery as well as some great shots imo.

Did you come up with the concepts for it too or was that a collaborative effort?

Creepy face masks. Eep!

quick question: Where teh effects on the beach done with clever filters etc. or was it all done in post? cheers. :)
Ayesha Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #7
New Boot

Thanks for the feedback Ayesha. I did come up with the concept, even though it wasn't executed how I planned. I was pleased with how it turned out though.

The effects on the beach were all done in post by taking textures from other videos and overlaying them.
Michael Malagon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders