Anyone own the Manhattan HD089A? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Anyone own the Manhattan HD089A?

I purchase a couple of them and the video they produce is excellent especially at the price point and it definitely gives you more piece of mind while focusing.

One problem I have found is that the Manhattan doesn't seem to want to display Zebras?

Has anyone else had this problem?
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:07 AM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Clark View Post
One problem I have found is that the Manhattan doesn't seem to want to display Zebras?
That capability is generally camera specific. I don't know that the Canon can show zebras on external monitors. I can with my camera. Sometimes, it's limited to a certain output, such as composite SD output as opposed to HDMI.

Best bet is to look through the camera's manual.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Major Player

I own the HD089B which is an excellent monitor as well. I found that on the Canon A1, there are certain things that are not displayed through the Component connection but are displayed through a composite connection. It drove me crazy for a while thinking I was missing something. But I think it was Canon who missed something. I tried it on both the A1 and the A1s with the same results. In my case, it was the Aspect Guide display.

It is definately camera specific and has nothing to do with the monitor.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders