Shooting 24f for DVD delivery at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 29th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 194
Shooting 24f for DVD delivery

I'm wanting to shoot my next project in 24f. 90% of the project will end up on the web and the remaining 10% will be put on DVD. Do any of you shoot 24f and then deliver to DVD?
If so, how do you do it. I thought all DVDs were 60i.....
__________________
www.scott-gold.com
Scott Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,449
I do it all the time. I export my project from the timeline usually as an H.264, full size, then drop that into Compressor and use the highest quality DVD setting, with a few tweaks. I don't think it converts to anything other than what it is, specs all say 24 fps. Works fine.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hamilton Ontario
Posts: 769
Most Hollywood DVD's are 24FPS...So in that regard, you're good to go...

However...
You're M2V video stream needs to have a flag added. Whether it's done during encode or after, doesn't matter..
These flags tell the DVD player to emulate NTSC playback..They're the TFF, RFF flags..

Pulldown.exe used to be a great utility to do this..I don't know what else is out there nowadays...
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network