Connecting Ikan V5600 on camera monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 5th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Connecting Ikan V5600 on camera monitor

For my XH A1: Can't find the right cable to connect this monitor! - The monitor inputs are standard hdmi, and "yuv" (which looks like a usb connector) - Any advice on connecting to any of the availbale outs on my xh a1?
Mark Weisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Looking at the IKAN website the monitor should have come with a breakout cable that goes from the USB-type connector to 3 bnc's (Y/Pb/Pr).. From these bncs you probably need to convert to the breakout cable that the XHA1 came with, which if I can remember correctly came with 3 RCA type connectors. So you'd need both breakout cables and 3 RCA-BNC adaptors (these should only cost a couple bucks each)...

I can't tell from the IKAN pictures, but there breakout cable might actually be RCA instead of BNC, in which case you just need to connect its breakout cable to the XHA1's breakout cable..

BTW, I was thinking of buying this same monitor.. please post your thoughts when you get it connected..
Brian Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Connecting Ikan V5600 on camera monitor

Thanks Brian -
I greatly appreciate you connecting the dots for should have been obvious to me at some point. You are correct, the Ikan supplied cable was 3 female rca type Y/Pb/Pr adapters which connected to my XHA1 cable. I've been trying to find some way to connect the "D" connector on the camera to the hdmi on the monitor. I bought this monitor mainly to help with focus as I'm using a letus35 DOF adapter. I've been making a living with my XL2 for the past 3 years and bought my XHA1 over a year ago. I have a low pressure shoot tomorrow to try it out. Thanks again!
Mark Weisen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders