Good Preset for Post Production at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 27th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Tourist

Good Preset for Post Production

Hi, you got some pretty awsome presets in the preset thread and perhaps you can help me to find a good preset which offers as much image information as possible for post.

Do you know some great (or the best) presets for post production? I've found a preset from the BBC called "ADDENDUM 25" and a Preset called "S-Log 04". Also the "Vision X" Preset seems to be a great one. The VisionX Preset looks pretty good, but it is very dark in low light situations. Perhaps it's better to have a preset for outdoor or great light conditions and one for low light, but both should have the best image for post production.

Do you know some more with pro and cons?

I Just need a very noise free image and as many color and contrast information as you can get out of the xh-a1. normaly thoses images looking very flat but they are great for some advanced color correction.

Perhaps the Vision X (for outdoor) and another one for low light and i got what i need?
Sebastian Glomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Major Player

True Color was designed to give a broad spectrum of color for editting in post. Not sure if it is in the original list...There is a thread discussing the pre-set. Recommend searching and reading the thread. I found it interesting.
Michael Hutson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders