XHA1 cam mount light suggestions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Tourist

XHA1 cam mount light suggestions?

Getting set for the field. Need suggestions for cam mounted light that'll run from a powerbelt. Ideas?

George
George Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The litepanels pro and micro run off of AA batteries and work great. They mount in the hot shoe and are dimable. They come with filter gels so you can match it color temp to the surrounding light sources. Not to mention they are super light weight and batteries last a long time because it uses LED's.
J. Chris Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:34 AM   #3
New Boot

Comer 1800

Hi there, I have purchased by not received a Comer 1800 light. I have read multiple reviews of it and there is alot of good info out there - so I'm very confident I will like it. It can be found at

Comer CM-LBPS1800 On-Camera LED Light | L.A. Color Shop

On that same site and also the same page, there is a review of a bunch of different lights. check it out and good luck!
Nancy Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Major Player

Here's my opinion...go for a Zylight z50 or z90 depending on needed output.

Excellent build quality, good throw to 10-15', very even output and will completely cover even with a WD-H72 wide angle adapter on the XHA1...but wait there's more!!

Dimable, fully white balance adjustable with the ability to set up to 4 presets, and it also does a full spectrum of colours and saturation WITHOUT GELS!. It's even bluetooth controlled from other Zylight lights (and a optional controller...not sure if it's available yet).

I bought with a Tekkeon MP3450 battery (which runs about 2 hours full bright, full charge), and there are options to run from different battery beyond that.

The price is steep but it is a incredible light both on camera or off (for rim lighting or even close primary lighting).

My 2 cents on the microlite panel - tried it...returned it.....weak output and pretty flimsy build.
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 07:08 AM   #5
New Boot

The Comer 900 lights price reduction ; fyi

Hi gang,
Just thought I would let you know about this price reduction. I have the Comer 1900 and it is SO worth the money. Sturdy and reliable.

Comer 900 LED Light Price Reduction | L.A. Color Blog

Also, check this blog entry about the lights:

"Affordable LED Lighting Options" by Digital Cinema Foundry | L.A. Color Blog
Nancy Fleming is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders