Himalayan kayaking video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 21st, 2010, 03:23 PM   #1
New Boot

Himalayan kayaking video

Hi all, this video was produced from our kayaking trip out to the Indian Himalayas last summer. Any comments would be welcome as I still feel I'm very much learning what I'm doing. I know that some of it is pretty shakey and would benefit from something - but since all my kit has to fit in a bag between my legs inside the boat (because the back is already full of camping kit and food) I can't really afford any extra space or weight. I don't really know what the best solution to that would be. Also a lot of the rapids I wanted footage off were missed as we were only three on the harder stuff and we all needed to be on the water for safety and I couldn't be out on the bank for filming.

My editing also needs work - but suggestions for specific improvement would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart Martindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Major Player

Great color.

What is that plant waving in the breeze at the 1:30 mark?
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:01 PM   #3
New Boot

Wouldn't like to tell you for certain my botanic knowledge is rubbish - but pretty sure the kids were waving some marijuana variant around us - it grows everywhere around those Himalayan foothills, along the side of pretty much every road.
Stuart Martindale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders