shooting HIP HOP / SALSA dance 30p vs 60i at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

shooting HIP HOP / SALSA dance 30p vs 60i

as the title states, im shooting a hip hop/salsa dance troupe - should i shoot in 30p or 60i?

im fairly new to the camera and have mostly done work with people moving at a minimum. i would like to shoot at 30p, but would the dancers be to blurry at this frame rate?

any advice would be well appreciated. you guys gave me great advice for my last shoot, thanks again!
Josh Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #2
Major Player

I shoot everything in 30p. I can't stand interlaced footage. If you're noticing any unwanted blurring during shooting you can bump up your shutter speed, but make sure you open the iris a little more to compensate the lower light level from the faster SS.

Don't increase your gain for the lack of light though, it will just create grain.

30p & 24p is also better for screen grabs, you don't have to deinterlace before hand.

Good luck!
Danny Winn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders