7D Preset Request at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 26th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Major Player

7D Preset Request

Hello, all!

I'm going to be shooting a short film in the next few months with my EOS 7D, and will probably need to use an xh-a1 as a back-up in the event that we encounter a scene that generates a lot of moire/aliasing or requires a lot of hard panning.

So, I was wondering if someone who has access to both a 7D and an A1, and is a preset whiz, could create an A1 preset based on the settings I have for my 7D.

I have my 7D set to the Neutral profile, sharpness and contrast all the way down, saturation and color tone right in the middle.

If anyone here can do that for me in the next month, thanks!
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Trustee

Since you have all that time on your hands, why don't you get a chart and shoot both cameras. It should take you a weekend of tweaking and testing to come up with a couple of useful settings for your film.

All the Best!
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, David.

You're probably right, I was just wanting to check here first, as I still never did really understand the color matrices in the A1, I just shot with the TrueColor preset and left it at that. (Plus, I don't have a chart for that.)

So if anyone out there does have more experience and wants to help me out, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll wing it. ;)
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Trustee

How do you hope to achieve matching cameras if you don't have a chart?
It's one of the first things you need for multi-camera work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders