XH-A1 Camera Mic Busted Off at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 9th, 2010, 09:25 PM   #1
New Boot

XH-A1 Camera Mic Busted Off

I bought this camera used and the onboard mic came off. it did not just fall off. I read all the post about the loosness stuff related to this cam, the plastic on my cam mic is broken. I got it taken apart But man I can't find out where to buy a replacement part looks like I need the whole mic the plastic is broken in to 5 peices. Dose anyone know where to buy parts for this. Thanks

Tim G
Tim Glidewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Tim .. you have to send it into Canon so the cost of replacing that mic might not be worth it. Call Canon and get a quote.

If the external mic holder is Ok forget the onboard mic .. get an external mic or 2 and go with those. There's plenty of choices if you look here and the audio forum.

BTW you can download the A1 manual from the Canon site.

Cheers.
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #3
New Boot

Replacement Mic

Thanks for your reply. I have the Handel and mic all apart no big deal I just want to buy the parts to fix. I don't hardly ever use this mic as you know that's not the way to get audio of any quality, but I would like to get the cam back to its original condition. seems there should to a place to buy parts But I can't figure out where. The reason I'm fixing my self and not sending to canon of course is $$$$$$$
Tim Glidewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Regular Crew

My has quite working also. I did send my Canon in once because of water damage, and do not want to do that again. NO ONE there would answer any questions for me. Forget about a quote. Once they got your camera, they got you!

Is there any non canon fixers around?????

Thanks

Ken..... who can not record sound.
Kenneth Burgener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #5
Wrangler

Canon USA Parts Department 1 866-481-2569 / 1 732-521-7230.
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders