DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Where can I get a replacement mic holder for XHA1? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/477754-where-can-i-get-replacement-mic-holder-xha1.html)

Syeed Ali April 28th, 2010 03:15 AM

Where can I get a replacement mic holder for XHA1?

I've managed to damage the mic holder on my XHA1 and spent the last hour calling around the UK trying to find a replacement.

I've looked on the Canon website, called Canon UK and their authorised service centres and no one will sell me the part.

Seems the only thing I can do is to take the Camera to Canon (UK) RCC in Hertfordshire and leave it to them to fix it, which is a waste of my time travelling there and back plus the camera is out of use. It's only two screws that have to be removed.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Thanks

Michael Wisniewski April 28th, 2010 09:58 AM

Canon USA Parts Department 1 866-481-2569 / 1 732-521-7230

Syeed Ali April 28th, 2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski (Post 1520677)
Canon USA Parts Department 1 866-481-2569 / 1 732-521-7230

Thanks Michael, but they won't ship out of the USA.

Can't believe I can't get hold of a simple part. Next time I'll buy Sony!!!

Battle Vaughan April 29th, 2010 07:44 PM

Maybe they can help you here:
Canon (UK) RCC
Projectors, Professional Camera, Lens, Digital Video, Webcameras, Scanner, Binoculars, Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue Compact Camera, Analogue SLR Camera, Digital SLR Camera

(Note: Video - including HD models; Scanners - only dedicated 35mm Slide Film Scanners {2700F, FS2710 & the FS4000 models})

Unit 130 Centennial Park
Centennial Avenue
Elstree Hill South
Borehamwood
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

Tel: 0844 369 0100
Fax: 0844 892 0849
Web: Canon UK - Home

Or, at least, they could point you in the right direction. Canon USA, anyway, is very helpful with providing parts. I bought a replacement mike holder for an XHa1 couple years ago, they were very nice about identifying the part, it was about US$45...which probably means 45 pounds, as everything over there seems to be priced the same number of pounds as dollars, regardless of the conversion rate...! I assume Canon is Canon and if you can get directed to the right department --- ask for the factory service center number then the parts department ---- I assume they would be as responsive there as they are here...

Stevie Scon April 29th, 2010 08:16 PM

I might be able to help...

Hey Syeed - Im an ex-Londoner living in Connecticut, soon to move to NY, I would be happy to help you out. I have PayPal account, let me know if I can help. Sony sucks by the way :)

Syeed Ali May 2nd, 2010 07:42 AM

Thanks very much guys but it's all sorted now. Have two on order.

Every company I talked to said I should contact:

H. Lehmann Limited
247-249 London Road
Stoke-on-Trent
ST4 5AA

Tel: 01782 413 611
Fax: 01782 744 579

I did contact them initially and they like Canon in Hertfordhsire told me they couldn't order parts. So I tried calling them a few days later and they said they could order parts and took the order from me.

So in case anyone has a similar problem, Lehmann will order parts for.

Cost for the mic holder is around £24.

Thanks again for all your help Gentleman. Much appreciated.

Stevie Scon May 2nd, 2010 01:43 PM

WooHoo

Glad to hear you got it sorted...

Syeed Ali May 12th, 2010 02:18 AM

Just to update:

Received two spare mic holders last saturday.

A week earlier I also picked up a Rode SM3 "Shoe Fitting Mount" which also works quite well.