Training Coures of XH-A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1
New Boot

Training Coures of XH-A1

Hi Guys, i just joined this forum, and need a few tips.. I got a Canon XH-A1 and love it, but it has so many features, wished i knew what they all do.. But do not want to pay over $100 for video training.. Maybe someone knows anywhere online that provides training of the features, and menu and etc..

I looked at youtube, but it doesnt go indepth..
Max Dirov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Expert Viilage has some good online tutorials. You tube also has them. I learned alot about mine from this fourm.
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Welcome Max .. pick an area of the A1 to study and stay with it.

If you go from one feature to the other without getting a good understanding of each one, the whole camera will stay a mystery and become more difficult.

Keep the camera body clean and the top especially free from dust, so that when you change tapes the dust doesn't get in the transport. That will cause tape dropouts.
Cheers.
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #4
Major Player

VAAST is a good resource..

You could always cruise Ebay or other classifieds and see if there's somebody selling this item.

Welcome to the forums...
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks guys,

Ill take a look at vaast..

I downloaded the presets from here for my canon and love them..

And glad to find such a helpful forum, unlike others where they just say google it..

I dont know if this is the place for showing of my clips i did with my old camera i used, but its on

http:///www.youtube.com/sharpcodered

If possible for someone to provide some pointers on what to do, and what not to do, or critique my work..

I used an XL2, but upgraded to xh-a1.

P.S. But dont be afraid to tell me off, Tell it to me as it is.. thx
Max Dirov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Max, thanks for sharing the link, I am here to learn as well, just upgraded from XL1s... I tried the VAAST DVD, it is a good overview; but I have found tons of useful info on every aspect in the forums here.
David Stembridge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders