Not reaching my Canons potential... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 7th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thats a great idea! Next week we are going to start filming a longer video, with rider sections and all that jazz. So hopefully I can get some good shots put together and get a good video put together.

Thanks again for all the help!
Landan Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #17
Major Player

Great stuff. Do post what you come up with. Would really like to see it!
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I'll be sure to do that, everyone has been a great help and I'm excited to get out there and get some shots together! Should be a good time!

**Also anyone have any tips for shooting into the sun? I know this isn't ideal but seeing as I'm on a lake I really dont have that much of a say for what direction we go.

Last edited by Landan Luna; August 10th, 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Question....
Old August 10th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landan Luna View Post
**Also anyone have any tips for shooting into the sun? I know this isn't ideal but seeing as I'm on a lake I really dont have that much of a say for what direction we go.
You can get some interesting effects shooting towards the sun. If you're using a filter, make sure it's multi-coated to reduce bounce-back, where you see the lens reflecting off of the filter. Also keep your lens (and filters) as clean as possible. Dirt, dust and smudges really show up when shooting into bright light.
Jason Sovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Thanks Jason! But how to get more detail on the subject. Here is a little video of what I've got so far. A real rough edit, can't stress that enough, the intro i really like minus the letters getting a little spacey and the camera bounce, I really dont know where that came from must have been something in post. But tell me what you think, from this i believe you'll understand what I mean by shooting into the sun. Thanks again for the help!

Old September 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #21
Regular Crew

New video I shot and Edited!

Here is a little video from our local Wakeboard Comp! Tell me what you think!!!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/15416283?loop=1" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/15416283">Riptank Open 2010</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2377090">Landan Luna</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

password: riptankopen2010
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:11 PM   #22
Major Player

well done!

Great stuff Landan. The subjects are standing out much better against the background and loved what you did at 00.58. How did you get such good slo-mo? All my attempts end in a serious loss of res. but those water droplets looked lovely and crisp...

Last edited by Henry Williams; October 3rd, 2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: edited for basic literacy fail :(
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Re: Not reaching my Canons potential...

sorry Henry I've been gone awhile, just trying to shoot as much as possible! But if you're talking about the Slo-Mo at the beginning I put alot of effort into the stability of the camera, also shot at 60i just because the movement is so fast. But If you're referring to the end, I think I just got lucky haha.
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #24
Major Player

Re: Not reaching my Canons potential...

thanks for the info Landan. I shall have to get practicing!
Henry Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders