Ghost in the machine at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ghost in the machine

So I’m still getting used to My A1s, and I love it. I just finished a set of short films and have been dealing with a ghosted image in some of the shots. It’s some type of motion blur I think, it is always from the last frame or two. The movement in the shots are not that fast. I want figure it out so I can avoid it in the future. I have been shooting at 24 fps, with the shutter set about 250 -300. I have tried raising my shutter speed but it still shows up.
Any thought on what I’m doing wrong and how to avoid this?
Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Regular Crew

this is what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Ghost in the machine-blur_01.jpg  
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Major Player

i forget if it is NR1 or NR2, but in-cam noise reduction does that when turned on; i always leave it off (post has much better noise reduction options)
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply, and you're right I have NR2 on. So, with that I have come to the end of using presets. I have more trouble with them then they are worth. I'll just shoot it straight and color correct in post.
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Ghosting in image

I just did a shoot Saturday and got quite a bit of ghosting trailing image problems. I was using a preset Panavision, but with NR1 on high. Funny thing is, i just used the same preset last week in another club (dark place) and picture was perfect. I turned NR1 off and got rid of most of it, but now I have to deal with grain.
Alex DeJesus is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders