Custom Button assignment to Focus Preset at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #1
New Boot

Custom Button assignment to Focus Preset

Hi All

I have the XHA1 and was wondering whether it was possible to assign one of the custom buttons to the Focus/Zoom Preset slide switch - you know how there is a slide switch to first set the zoom/focus and then you slide it the otherway to turn it 'on' - can this be assigned to a button on the side of the video camera to turn the preset zoom/focus on?

Cheers
Shelton.
Shelton DCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Inner Circle

The XH-A1 has limits as to what you can assign to a Custom Key. Page 70 of the manual lists the ones you can assign and that's not listed.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #3
New Boot

OK - thanks Les - I guess it's no then.

Cheers
Shelton.
Shelton DCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Tourist

Re: Custom Button assignment to Focus Preset

i know this is an old thread but i had to correct Les. on Page 37 of the manual you can preset your focus.

Focus Preset function enables a focus setting to be memorised and to return to that focus setting instantly. you can also select the speed at which the camcorder returns to the preset focus setting.

1.set the focus mode switch to m
2.set the position preset switch to focus
3.adjust the focus with the focus ring
4.move the position preset on\set switch to set

setting the preset focus speed:
1-open the menu and select "camera setup". select "f speed pset", select a setting option and close the menu

returning to the preset focus setting:
1-move the "position preset on/set" switch to on. the camcorder returns to the preset focus setting.
Phil Gorman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders