Missing audio. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Missing audio.

Hi all, A1 cam.
For the second time I have missing audio on the tape, 3 unrelated clips. I will be watching the soundbars in future!
Never had this before. One clip using XLR; other two using built-in mic.All other clips on same tape OK. Has anybody had this problem? Please tell me I don't need to send it away for repair( don't you just love intermittent faults!)
Thanks, Michael.

Last edited by Michael Threadgold; December 23rd, 2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: omission
Michael Threadgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Michael,

could be any number of things, no offence but forgetting to power the 48volts on for the XLR mic, not switching from the XLR to the internal mic .. are two.

Occasionally watching sound levels as you're recording is only part of it. It could still have some distortion, be off mic or have hum or radio frequency interference in the audio. You'll never know till it's too late.

You need to always wear a good suitable set of headphones while videoing, Sony MDR7506 are recommended.

Cheers.
Old December 24th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

missing audio.

Hi Alan, thanks for the response. These are consecutive clips,same time, same place etc.48v was on for mic.Internal mic. was on auto.Location school concert, only me there on both occasions. Michael
Michael Threadgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #4
New Boot

Could it be dirty heads? Have you tried to play back the tape on another machine?
Christopher Icha is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders