Reccomend a Mack extended warranty? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 13th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Reccomend a Mack extended warranty?

Do any of you have one from any source including Mack and if so how much did it cost over how many years?

I've never had a warranty before, however I do know from personal experience that when my GL-2 tape heads went out of the alignment that cost $425.00 which equates to 1/5th the original purchase price of that camcorder.

Canon certainly makes great products however I wondered of this would be a good "insurance" policy as I'm sure an A1s would even be more expensive to fix.

Do you gents think I should get one or not?

Thanks for your interest.
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Years ago I bought a Mac via BnH NY for ... heck I forget. Never used it.

Read the small print, I think they still nominate where the repair is to be done and it depends on where you live. You pay for the freight and the wait while they work out if it's covered.

No I wouldn't bother, just take care of yr A1s, it's well built especially the new hand support and it has a 1yr warranty.

But things have changed and others will have used theirs.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders