DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Acquisition from Canon XHA1s (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/493682-acquisition-canon-xha1s.html)

Gianni Paolella March 27th, 2011 01:35 PM

Acquisition from Canon XHA1s

Dear friends,
I have a big problem to solve I have a Canon XHA1s with windows 32 and also pinnacle Liquid 7.
Hi try to connect the Camera via Firewire to my PC but the camera is not recognize from Window and also from Liquid.
Can you suggest please if I have to touch something in the PC or in the camera to solve the problem due that I have an important job to editing very soon?
Thanks a lot
Gianni

Don Xaliman March 27th, 2011 03:18 PM

Re: Acquisition from Canon XHA1s

Make sure that any other firewire devices are disconnected. Hook up the camera and reboot the computer. This may allow for the camera to be recognized.

Gianni Paolella March 28th, 2011 12:18 AM

Thanks Don,
I try all, no other firewire is connected, I cut off the cable swithc off the Pc..then on the PC switch on the camera but also XP seems don't see the Camera.If I put and old minidv Panasonic Camera via firewire I have not problem with it, so it means that the firewire socket is ok but the problem is on the Canon.
Please help me it's very urgent and important.It could be a driver problem?Where can I find the driver for Canon?

David Chilson March 28th, 2011 07:08 AM

If your computer "sees" one camera but not another the first thing I would do is update the driver for your 1394 connection.

With the old camera connected go into device manager and see what you are getting when this is plugged in versus what happens (yellow exclamation possibly) when you connect the new camera?

I am trying to do this from memory but I think it's Control Panel, system, then click on device manager. When the device manager shows up if you scroll down it should say something like 1394 bus controller. There will be a + next to this and if you expand it it will give you the actual name of the driver. If you click on the driver name in the window, above in the window an icon will come up to update this driver. Update, reboot and try again.

Make sure your camera is off when you connect it. If that doesn't work what warning does it now say in device manager?

Gianni Paolella March 28th, 2011 08:40 AM

Thanks David,
I put the new driver on the 1384 bus, I connected the camera off after the Pc in on...but nothing happens,there is not any error message but the camera is not present.....I don't think that is dead the firewire port on the camera and I will try also this to another PC of a friend of mine,but the problem is that I need to solve on my PC.
I read but I don't remember where that there are some thing to change inside the Menu of the camera but I don't remember what.

Bill Engeler March 28th, 2011 09:24 AM

You could try some things in the device manager of your PC:

1. In the Device manager, find the IEEE 1394 controller, and uninstall it. The reboot and let windows reinstall it.

2. Try connecting the camera now. If it still doesn't work, try this:

Before hooking up the camcorder, go to the Device Manager in Windows.
Right click on the 1394 port in the list, and select "properties".
There may be an option to use the LEGACY DRIVER for the 1394 port. Select that one.
Hook up the camcorder and power it up.

David Chilson March 28th, 2011 09:33 AM

If you get nothing in device manager when the A1 is connected but you do when you connect a different camera, checking it on another computer for a bad port is a good idea. Usually if it's just a problem reading you get some sort of warning in device manager. Hope you get it straightened out soon, I know how aggravating these things can be!

Edit: Bill has some excellent advice.

Gianni Paolella March 29th, 2011 01:15 AM

Nothing news....It seems that everything I do is not good on my Pc and I have also on another pc of my friend with the same result.
What do you suggest to do?Do u think the firewire socket on the camera id dead and I have to give the camera to assistance or do you have another suggestion?
Thaks

Chris Soucy March 29th, 2011 01:38 AM

Hi, Gianni...............

Do check your A1 is set to the right settings for whatever you're trying to capture, you havem't said, so we don't know.

Is this a new problem? New camera? New shooting mode? New computer? What?

You suddenly have a:

Quote:

I have an important job to editing very soon?
and haven't even established a workflow for same?

Exceedingly slack, if I may say.

Oh, BTW, there are no "DRIVERS" for the A1 series of cameras, just an inability of the editing software to grasp them, though if the camera is set to output HD and the NLE is expecting SD, well, instant failure.

And vice versa.

Interested in how this one pans out.

CS

Gianni Paolella March 29th, 2011 06:55 AM

Thanks Chris,
The big problem is not how I set the editing software, but that the Window Xp does not recognize de Firewire attachment system.Only the Canon, because if I put the Old Panasonic it's ok.
So what you sugest?

Gianni Paolella March 30th, 2011 03:40 PM

Dear Friends,
today I went to the Canon Assistance,and............ the firewire is broke and for about 700 $ they change it,....nice....very happy,,,,,suggest...keep attention never and never put the plug in the PC if the camera is on...after on the PC put the plug in the PC put in the camera and switch on the camera.At the end switch off beefore the camera....
Thanks to all for the help.
Gianni