Output Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 4th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Output Question

So for my job, I travel with a professional baseball team and shooting ENG stuff is part of what I do. For that, I currently am using a company provided Sony XDCAM PDW-F330. We are about to be embarking on our last 10 day trip for the season and I was thinking of taking my A1S. The Sony is a big camera which uses a big tripod and as far as running around a city getting scenic shot goes, it doesn't lend itself well unless I have a rental car which I will not. We travel a separate deck to feed shots from the XDCAM. If I take the A1S, is is possible to feed stuff from it by simply plugging into the coax out on it and running it on VCR? Or are the only output options the firewire/component outs?
Mark Koha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:32 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Output Question

The analog video coax out will provide a composite video signal output. You need to be sure that the camcorder output and VCR input video formats match. See pages 81-82 of the manual for details.

But try it in advance of counting on being able to do it in the field.
Old September 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Major Player

I'll be outputting to an EVS system. I meant the VCR mode as in on the camera if that makes anything different.
Mark Koha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:03 AM   #4
Wrangler

Should not make any difference, but again, test before you count on it for a money event.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders