Setting's to Make the Blue's and Red's pop - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 29th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Setting's to Make the Blue's and Red's pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Godwin View Post
So can i have more than one preset in that folder or just one? Also, will it pull up the name PANALOOK2 in the menu?
You can install 5 custom presets, the cam comes with 4.

On the A1 it displays the CP number you have selected. Same with the A1 S model but when you press the CP button it displays that CP *name* .

When I was first fiddling around with presets on the A1, I wrote my 5 CP *names* on a small piece of paper and taped it to the back edge of the battery .. pop the lid open and there they are. I entered my 5 by hand because I wanted to learn their properties

After a while I got to know the names of the numbers that appeared in the display.

Cheers.
Old October 29th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #17
Major Player

It took me a little while but I finally got it working. I like the Vivid look.
Guy Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 03:22 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Yep it's a favourite of a lot of A1/S users.

Another thing .. to keep the dust and microgrit out of the camera mic, install this windscreen .. comes in a few colours and fits neatly ..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/68630-REG/Shure_A58WS_BLU_A58WS_BL_Blue_Windscreen.html

Dust in the capsule of a mic from using it outdoors will eventually degrade its performance. About twice a year wash the windscreen thoroughly in hand soap and water .. rinse it out and let it dry naturally.

That windscreen won't stop any but the lightest of breezes. To help this, in the audio setup menu, put the low cut 'in' to help. Hope this helps :)

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders