Standing Firm (shot on A1) going nationwide Dec. 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 17th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Standing Firm (shot on A1) going nationwide Dec. 6

My film Standing Firm that I shot in 2008-2009 that was released nationally on DVD and foreign, will be released nationwide through Video-On-Demand December 6th. This is a big deal for me. The DVD has already done well, and the VOD is a new world. iTunes, Amazon VOD, XBox, PS3, even Cable VOD will have it. FilmBuff, the same distributor who's recently worked with Edward Burns on Nice Guy Johnny and the upcoming Newlyweds is handling the film.

Having shot the film on a $3000 HDV camera that most would scoff at today, I'm a pretty happy camper :) You can see the production thread for the film on the forums in the A1 Sample Clips section. Lots of views on that thread, almost 20,000 :O

Thanks to DVinfo for being a good support while I made the film and for being a great resource of knowledge in the area of videography and media.

I'll post links on release day if I can! Either way be on the lookout!
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Standing Firm (shot on A1) going nationwide Dec. 6

Many congratulations Kyle. I just watched the trailer and the quality of shooting looks first class. Any chance you could point us to the production thread? I couldn't find it! Thanks.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:06 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I meant to add that it is very encouraging to see work of this quality shot on a relatively humble camera. I watched 'Monsters' again last night and that's another great example of a movie NOT shot on film (EX3 I think).
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Ian! Here's the thread...beware the images on the page are broken mostly.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/xh-serie...1-letusex.html
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #5
Trustee

Kyle, congratulations. I went to the web page and watched the trailer. Looks very good. Cannot believe you did this on a $3,000 camcorder. You did a great job. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders