DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   blinking BLUE HDV (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/504440-blinking-blue-hdv.html)

B.J. Adams January 16th, 2012 01:16 PM

blinking BLUE HDV

My XH A1 has been at rest for 5-6 months.

Today when I switched it on, the power and the blue HDV blink continuously, and the rest of the camcorder is dead. Viewfinder and LCD display do not function. Only the eject tape tray seems to be functioning.

I checked the lock buttons, put in 3 different batteries, connected the camcorder to mains power...

The manual has no kind of information in the troubleshooting section.

Anyone ever came across such a malfunction?

Allan Black January 16th, 2012 04:18 PM

Re: blinking BLUE HDV

Try a reset using the button on the top. You'll lose all your preset settings, so if you want to reinstall them, write out a list of them first.

Check your manual beforehand and connect up the A/C power.

Cheers.

B.J. Adams January 17th, 2012 01:41 AM

Used the reset hole. Still same symptoms. I think resets, just resets the various options to factory defaults.

I used various batteries, and connected to A/C mains. Still same symptoms :(

Mark Watson January 17th, 2012 05:49 AM

Plug into AC power and put the camera switch to OFF. Wait at least 24 hours before turning it back on.

B.J. Adams January 17th, 2012 06:38 AM

Do you think it's a problem with the rechargeable battery inside the camera to save user settings?

Is this easily changeable?

Mark Watson January 17th, 2012 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The internal lithium battery will go completely dead if the camcorder is not used for an extended time. I don't know if replacement is a do-it-yourself operation.

Allan Black January 17th, 2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Adams (Post 1709900)
Do you think it's a problem with the rechargeable battery inside the camera to save user settings?

Is this easily changeable?

BJ .. when you power your A1 with your local mains AC, it overrides the internal lithium battery and the cam should instantly power up
and operate as normal.

As Mark posted .. leaving it powered off but on AC for 24hrs, fully charges that internal battery to retain your user settings.

Every time you run your cam on its supplied battery, it's also re-charging that internal battery, that's the way it's designed.
I don't think it's a problem with your internal battery, I've never heard of it and changing that battery is not a user function.
But if all else fails leave the cam on AC for 24hrs and see, you've got nothing to lose.

Did you buy the A1 pre-loved in Malta, if new does it still have any warranty left?

Unfortunately it looks like a trip to the shop coming up. Good luck.

Cheers.

Allan Black January 18th, 2012 03:31 AM

BJ I hope this doesn't offend but ..

the above is enough to make a Maltese cross.

Cheers.

Helio Couto December 3rd, 2012 01:51 PM

Hi B J Adams! Have you solved your problem with the HDV Blue blinking? I have the same problem with my XHA1. Please escuse my english.

B.J. Adams February 27th, 2013 05:15 PM

Unfortunately I never solved the problem :(

The camera is still mulfunctioning with the blinking blue LED

Helio Couto March 21st, 2013 08:40 PM

Why have not repaired the machine? I found a service here that told me he would fix the machine, but it needs to acquire the service manual for this camera. Here where I live there is no authorized service canon. If I send the camera to the USA is very expensive repair.

Sherman Bahr May 21st, 2013 07:44 PM

I'm a tech and would love to point you guys in the right direction. I just posted on a similar thread. My questions are, does it power up and VCR mode? If yes, you have issues with either the camera circuits or the lens. If it has the same problems with VCR mode or camera modes then I would say you could be looking at issues on the main board. Let me know if you guys have any questions about this and I will be happy to help you.

B.J. Adams August 4th, 2016 03:01 PM

After all these years....

The camera is still mulfunctioning! Doing a search, I found many other reports with the same problem. I think that was a common mulfunction with this camera model. Damn you Canon, all that money down the drain :(

Noa Put August 4th, 2016 03:20 PM

So your camera has not worked the past 4,5 years, are you going to let us know in another 4 years if the blue light is still blinking? :)

B.J. Adams August 4th, 2016 04:03 PM

I never give up!