horizontal line jumping and smearing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 9th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #1
New Boot

horizontal line jumping and smearing

hi,
i am receiving a horizontal line jumping and smearing when recording video. any idea to help this problem?
thanks.
zavdiel
Zavdiel Isaacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 12:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: horizontal line jumping and smearing

Can you post a example how that looks like? (you can post on youtube and just copy/paste the embed link here and it will show up)
Without having seen it it sounds you need to get the camera serviced.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 04:16 AM   #3
Wrangler

As note above, we need to see the image/video to judge better.

Also, what are the recording conditions and settings, filters, etc?
Handheld or on a tripod?

FWIW: jumping or randomly moving bright spots can sometimes a byproduct of image stabilization coupled with internal reflections of bright point source lights (often out of the image field) shot under specific low light and dim scene conditions.
Old July 10th, 2014, 07:10 AM   #4
New Boot

hi there noa and don this is the link of the example, there are 3 shots in auto mode no filter, 07:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTb...ature=youtu.be
Old July 10th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Did you shoot in 1080P 25P and had your shutter at 1/25th?
If you shot in 25p that "smearing" you refered to is normal when you are panning sideways like that, you should pan much slower to prevent that from happening, not sure what you meant about line jumping though as I couldn't see that in the video.
Old July 10th, 2014, 08:24 AM   #6
New Boot

i was shoting at std 720/576, 25f pal, and the shutter was in auto mode. i use to own dvx 100b before and never have any smering like that during even faster paning. you can see the jumping lines appears at the lower quarter.
thank you for the fast treatment/
Old July 11th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #7
Wrangler

I cannot see anything specific or surprising beyond uneven camera movement - that may or may not be associated with the convesion to youtube, or issues with streaming video thorugh the local firewalls and A/V scanning. I note in the playback "stats for nerds" the "## stage fps, ## video" figures jump around a bit which might account for at least a portion of the jumpy play..
Old July 12th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #8
New Boot

don,you can see the jumping lines appears at the lower quarter during the pan shot movement in the kitchen, this happens actually before uploading to you tube or downloading to the computer. it happens even during the recording and i can see it on the camera screen. can you explain a bit more about the "byproduct of image stabilization coupled with internal reflections of bright point source lights" please? i dont anderstand what you realy asking me to do,
thanks,
Old July 13th, 2014, 12:49 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavdiel Isaacs View Post
i was shoting at std 720/576, 25f pal, and the shutter was in auto mode. i use to own dvx 100b before and never have any smering like that during even faster paning. you can see the jumping lines appears at the lower quarter.
thank you for the fast treatment/
Maybe I"m looking in the wrong place but I can't see any horizontal jumping lines? About the shutter, don't put it in auto mode but lock it at 1/50th, if it gets too dark theh camera could lower the shutter below 1/50 to compensate which will contribute in more "smearing" when you pan.
Old July 13th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #10
New Boot

noa, please look at the last shot in the kitchen as i said before to you and don. anyway, this problem appear in any of the shoting mode and useing 1/50th too, and the problem is still there
Old July 13th, 2014, 01:57 AM   #11
Inner Circle

That's where I looked but I can't see it. Have you tried viewing the footage on another pc or laptop and does the problem still appear then?
Old July 13th, 2014, 02:24 AM   #12
New Boot

yes i tried it with another laptop and its still there, its very weird, i wonder why can't you and don see the jumping lines in the lower quarter of the frame, specially in the end of the clip. sorry. i dont know what to say.
thank you.
Zavdiel Isaacs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders