could this be the replacement??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 26th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

could this be the replacement???

Hey people after reading chris section on the XH A1, G1 he states that this is not a replacement. Yet the camcorder has a simular look like the XM/GL 2. Do you think that in about a years time that canon will also stop making the XM2. I have just done a quick calculation and when the XH G1 comes out you are only going to have to pay about £700 pound more for this. Canon i think have got this right.
Nathaniel McInnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

When they rolled out the XL2 back in 2004, the U.S. marketing director for Canon USA said it would most likely be the last of the 3CCD standard definition DV camcorders. So based on that I don't think we'll ever see a replacement for the GL2 / XM2 / XV2. Just like we'll never see a replacement for the XL2. It's all going to HD. I wouldn't be surprised if the GL2 / XM2 and XL2 are completely phased out within a year from now. But who knows for sure... as long as people keep buying them, I'm sure they'll keep making them.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Unless I could have waited, I would have held out on getting the XL2 back in March. $3500 + $500 for HDV and other ground breaking technology kind of makes me wish I didn't have to get the XL2. The XL2 is going to have to drop in price even more than they're selling them for now, because for the additional money, it currently makes no sense to get the XL2 (or at least it wouldn't for me).
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Wrangler

For that matter, Sony said as much when they introduced the FX1 and Z1. We've seen various rumors that the VX-2100 has been discontinued for awhile now, but it is in fact still selling. Same thing for the PD-170. But I suspect their days are numbered, and clearly they will not be upgraded.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders