DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   They are almost here! Getting mine Thursday! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/78583-they-almost-here-getting-mine-thursday.html)

Marty Hudzik October 31st, 2006 09:23 AM

They are almost here! Getting mine Thursday!

Well I have good news! I just got the call from my dealer and they have the Fedex tracking number and they will be in the retail store tomorrow (Wednesday Nov. 1). I will get it in my grubby little hands on Thursday!

Yeah! Not too long of a wait..........

And.....for those of you who are still looking to buy one....I was told by Christine at ZGC (where I am buying and they are a DVinfo sponsor) that they will have 5 extra that are available for sale (not preordered). That was as of 10:15 this morning so that can change quick.

Buckle up guys.....it's almost showtime!

Rafael Lopes October 31st, 2006 09:37 AM

Crap, man! I've been calling the store where I buy all my stuff everyday and they still don't have the A1. :-(

Marty Hudzik October 31st, 2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael Lopes
Crap, man! I've been calling the store where I buy all my stuff everyday and they still don't have the A1. :-(

Well technically they don't have it yet.....they will tomorrow and then I'll have it Thursday.

So I am sure more and more dealers will be getting the word soon.

Rafael Lopes October 31st, 2006 10:00 AM

Thursday is an awesome deal. I wish they would be in Barcelona by then too...but these things usually take a little longer to get here.

Tom Roper October 31st, 2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik
And.....for those of you who are still looking to buy one....I was told by Christine at ZGC (where I am buying and they are a DVinfo sponsor) that they will have 5 extra that are available for sale (not preordered). That was as of 10:15 this morning so that can change quick.

One more here...makes that 4 extra available for sale.
Christine is super, gives her kudos to you Marty.

Marty Hudzik October 31st, 2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roper
One more here...makes that 4 extra available for sale.
Christine is super, gives her kudos to you Marty.

Without my help we all know they'd never sell any of these!

:)

Bill Pryor October 31st, 2006 10:42 AM

Awriight--I wanna see some footage. Even stills showing the difference between 60i and 24F would be cool (I've never been able to view the footage that's been posted...try to download the viewer I need for Mac and there's always a problem with the site, so I gave up).

Jarrod Whaley October 31st, 2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pryor
try to download the viewer I need for Mac and there's always a problem with the site, so I gave up.

Did you try VLC?

Bill Pryor October 31st, 2006 11:37 AM

Yeah, I tried several times to download it and there was always some problem. Never did get it.

Daniel Boswell November 1st, 2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik
Well I have good news! I just got the call from my dealer and they have the Fedex tracking number and they will be in the retail store tomorrow (Wednesday Nov. 1). I will get it in my grubby little hands on Thursday!

Yeah! Not too long of a wait..........

Buckle up guys.....it's almost showtime!

Thanks so much for posting this Marty. Just cancelled B & H and ordered mine from Christine and it will be here tomorrow!!!!

Marty Hudzik November 1st, 2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Boswell
Thanks so much for posting this Marty. Just cancelled B & H and ordered mine from Christine and it will be here tomorrow!!!!

I just chatted with her via email and they are physically "in the building" now. Just sending her the payment now with shipping and I am good to go also!

Glad I could help out.

Greg Rothschild November 1st, 2006 10:08 AM

I got this email from B&H yesterday at 9:30a ny time:

The Canon XHA1 Camcorder you have on backorder, is
still backordered by the manufacturer with no definite
available date. As soon as we receive it from the
manufacturer, we will promptly ship out this order. We
apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience.

Bill Pryor November 1st, 2006 10:15 AM

I guess B&H may be the biggest but not always the first. ZGC is the dealer you're using? I guess I've overlooked them. "In stock" is better than "we'll send it eventually."

Cody Lucido November 1st, 2006 10:42 AM

Travis from ZGC has my new A1 going in the mail today and will be delivered Friday!!!!

Marty Hudzik November 1st, 2006 10:46 AM

I have a shoot Friday morning so I had to have it sent Next Day.....a few more bucks but I needed the extra time to get acclimated to the camera.

A whole 24 hours...........

Peace!