DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Nature and Cars Oh my (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/79324-nature-cars-oh-my.html)

Joe Simon November 10th, 2006 11:48 AM

Nature and Cars Oh my

Shot this yesterday in 24f. Sorry for the shaky shots but I was riding my bike from place to place and could only carry my cheap tripod! I also booted the saturation to compensate for quicktimes loss. This is how the colors look on my FCP screen.

www.joesimonproductions.com/shootout/zilker1.mov

Bill Pryor November 10th, 2006 12:48 PM

Nice. Thanks for those shots. The camera seems to have better latitude than I expected.

Gabriel Yeager November 10th, 2006 03:51 PM

That was some good work! Thanks! how did you get that last shot? With the camera movie as if it is on a dolly?

~Gabriel~

Pete Bauer November 10th, 2006 05:55 PM

Joe, just wanted to thank and compliment you on this and the night clip you previously posted. Even though they are simply demo clips, your obviously artistic flair and skill with the camera come through clearly. Many thanks!

Joe Simon November 10th, 2006 06:18 PM

Thanks guys! I've been out shooting a lot trying to get use to this new camera. It's footage is impresive! The moving shot was done with the Glide Cam 2000 pro.

Devon Lyon November 10th, 2006 07:18 PM

Joe:

Very nice work. I just picked up my A1 today and am waiting for the weather to get a bit nicer before I venture out (I'm in Oregon).

Question: I am rather new to encoding with Quicktime. What settings did you use to get your video down to that size file and still have it look so good?
I have Adobe Premier Pro 2.0 and I aslo have Quicktime Pro. Your settings would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Joe Simon November 10th, 2006 07:29 PM

These are my quicktime settings -

File Extension: mov
Audio Encoder
AAC, Stereo (L R), 48.000 kHz
Video Encoder
Format: QT
Width: 640
Height: 360
Pixel aspect ratio: 0.75
Crop: None
Frame rate: 23.976
Frame Controls: Off
Codec Type: H.264
Multi-pass: On, frame reorder: On
Pixel depth: 24
Spatial quality: 75
Min. Spatial quality: 25
Temporal quality: 50
Min. temporal quality: 25
Average data rate: 1.536 (Mbps)
Fast Start: on

Ray Bell November 10th, 2006 07:53 PM

Looks nice Joe... was just down there in Austin last weekend...

Hey you might want to check out the October Fest in New Brunsfell (sp?) this weekend.... might be some nice shots there....

Chris Hurd November 10th, 2006 07:54 PM

That's Wurst Fest and it's in New Braunfels.

Tom Roper November 10th, 2006 08:09 PM

Seems to me the one time I was in New Braunfels was the one time I ever white water rafted, on the Nachadoches River? I still carry the memory from about 1980, sleeping under the open skies in the bed of a pickup, many friends, lots and lots of people too...huge fun.

Sorry if I butchered the spelling of the river...

Chris Hurd November 10th, 2006 08:51 PM

There's a lake and a town by the name of Nacogdoches. It's in an eastern part of the state that we call New Louisiana.

It's the Rio Guadalupe that barrels through New Braunfels; and going up the map, there's Rio Blanco which loses its names at its confluence with Rio San Marcos just east of that town; Rio Colorado is Town Lake for a little while as it glides along the southern edge of downtown Austin; further on is Rio Brazos dividing Waco. Anybody who lives north of there is a Yankee.

Devon Lyon November 10th, 2006 08:53 PM

Very cool Joe, I appreciate you taking the time to type in the settings.
What program do you use to edit and the footage and then create the QT?

FYI - I am using PPRo 2.0 with Cineform Aspect HD.

Chris Hurd November 10th, 2006 09:25 PM

Thanks Devon from bringing this discussion back on topic after my wayward deviations above. As indicated in the first post at the top, Joe is using Apple's Final Cut Pro.

For Joe -- don't think I've said it yet -- count me in as a fan of your work -- thanks for sharing these clips with us, they're very cool!

Andrew Ott November 11th, 2006 12:16 AM

I went to Wurstfest for German club at my highschool. Some really good food there.