A1 users editing systems specs? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 16th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #16
Major Player

That's good to know Bill. I have never used compressor for encoding and have just let DVD studio pro do all the work. I also have Telestream's "Episode" conversion software that I am going to test for QT to mpeg2.

All in all, the transition to HDV for me has been pretty seemless with the new tools I have.
Larry Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Jenkins
I am planning an A1 purchase and was wondering if my editing system is gonna hold up to HDV. I know there was some discussion before people got cams, but now that people are actually pumping hdv in/out of their editing machines, I was just curious about the real life workflow. Whats working for folks and not working. I use a PC but I am also curious about MAC systems as well.

thanks

Don't forget to look into Edius NX for HDV with expansion kit, it will do all format of HDV, it will give you full frame full component HD realtime output to your HD monitor, the faster your computer the more realtime layers and effects you will get,
Old November 20th, 2006, 10:50 AM   #18
Major Player

No one using Avid (Pinnacle) Liquid then?
Old November 20th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #19
Major Player

I may be miles off here (apologies if I am)

My understanding is with Sony Vegas and the VAAST Gearshift plug in, you can edit HDV using proxies which means that even older slower PC's can handle it.

http://www.vasst.com/product.aspx?id...d-aa4954c324a3
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders