Canons Console Software - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 22nd, 2007, 10:22 AM   #31
New Boot

Just FYI, a version of the console software will eventually be released to run on OSX directly, according to a Canon rep I talked to a few weeks ago.

Cheers,
-Jamie
www.JamieKrutz.com
Jamie Krutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Tryng desperately to run the trial software on my intel Mac with Parallels Desktop /Windows XP and service pack 2.

Problem is that the software is installed Canon Console 1,1 but everytime i try to open it a window appears and says

actually i did it but nothing happens and the software does not run.

It is actually mentioned in the pdf manual this "FULL" implementation,but seems to be useless to do that.

any help?

thanks
Manuel Fantoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #33
New Boot

Same problem with install

I had the same problem and message. Canon told me to reinstall...same problem. Canon told me to download again and install...same problem.

I gave up. Must be some unique problem with our laptops.

Cheers
Syverson
Mike Syverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Syverson
I had the same problem and message. Canon told me to reinstall...same problem. Canon told me to download again and install...same problem.

I gave up. Must be some unique problem with our laptops.

Cheers
Syverson

yes probably.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times but no luck.

Intel mac/parallel/xp service pack 2 does not seems to be a working solutions.

Let's wait for an OSX version of the software.
Old February 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Boot Camp is the way to go for native support. Otherwise you are using an emulator.

Emulator (emulation layer) = SLOW
Estebe Verde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 01:16 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estebe Verde
Boot Camp is the way to go for native support. Otherwise you are using an emulator.

Emulator (emulation layer) = SLOW

Did you or anybody had any luck using it with BootCamp?

If yes i might try to go that way.
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams
Solved the problem with Console not recognizing my camera. I needed to update a driver. This software is great for checking out what camera settings do in (almost) real time. Not sure about the $600 price tag, but as a learning tool for the two week trial I highly recommend it :)
What driver is that?
Chan Ee Jien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Just a question.

Is there anyway were to ask Canon to rerwite the Console for Intel based MacBook Pros. They will sell a lot more of licences I think.
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #39
Regular Crew

The Canon Console Software Version 1.1 works with the XH-A1 and H1.

You have to buy the software for an aditional price between 500 and 600 Dollars (I did not check the latest price).

With the software you can remotely controll the whole camera via the firewire camera. Recording to harddrive, playing those files are a few of the features. All recorded files are stored with an .MPEG extension.

Camera and Picture controll are possible, like: focus, zoom, color, phase, gain, white balance, custom preset, start/stop and other settings.

There is also a timelaps setting. But that only works with normal PAL/NTSC or that widescreen version.

And I'm sure there are many things I forgot.

You can download the PDF manual from the Canon website to look in to the details of the program.

Personaly...I think every user should try it out first before buying.

Oh...next to that....don't try to work live with the software while making a recording. Handling all the controlls like start/stop and zoom in and out work with a little delay. So live recording to harddisk is ok, but controlls....nope.

(Whoops, I made this reaction to one of the first posts. Oh well...I gues the discussion can start again. Many people have their new A1 and i'm convinced that many people are also want to know about this software)

Last edited by Gert Kracht; May 17th, 2007 at 02:10 PM.
Gert Kracht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:46 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert Kracht View Post
Personaly...I think every user should try it out first before buying.
Try it! I suggest you use it and also connect a hi-def monitor to the component outputs of the XH-A1. You can then tweak the presets and see the results in real-time. I found the most useful part of the Canon Console was the waveform monitor, which let me tweak the setup / knee / black stretch / level controls giving me a good image which was making good use of the recorded dynamic range. I'd recommend installing it just to get some idea of what your presets are doing.

Mind you, I fall into the demographic known as "Cheap but Demanding" so I don't have a waveform scope!!

Mark
Mark Harmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Hey Mark, which external monitor are you using with your camera ?
Gert Kracht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Console is simply a good PC remote control. There is nothing more to adjust in Console than directly on the camera body.
I don`t see any advantage for most users in HDD recording on stage - because its still in mpg2. For this price wold it be nice to have some quality codec options - like in Edius.
Ivan Mosny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #43
Major Player

Doesn't seem to run on Vista, although someone posted earlier that they had it running on an RC2 version.

I tried running it, but all I got was a "This program required Windows XP to run" error.
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #44
Inner Circle

Dear Ivan,

Console is very useful for setting up presets, it is much more that just a remote control.
Old October 15th, 2007, 03:56 AM   #45
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Ivan,

Console is very useful for setting up presets, it is much more that just a remote control.
All the presets can you set and store directly on the camera too. (or in PC text editor and transfer or store it with Memory Card) In Console looks it nicer, its probably more comfortable - but nothing more.
Video prewiew in console ist a little bit slow (to operate with it on Camcrane etc.) and delayed. IMHO - such software can be a standard attached tool - but not sold separatelly for this price.
Ivan Mosny is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders