Any Guide to Setting It Up? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 5th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #1
Trustee

Any Guide to Setting It Up?

There are so many things that the user can adjust on the A1, but I haven't seen any information on what everything actually does and in what circumstances the various parameters should be tweaked. Things like gamma and color gain I am familiar with, but with others like the color matrix settings I feel really out of my depth.

Is there anywhere I can look to find out more about all these settings? Also, does anyone have any good user presets to share? I'd appreciate any help to get up to speed.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #2
Major Player

I was thinking of compiling information, writing in depth settings and showing the different looks that can be had in the camera, and sharing it but I haven't had time to do it yet.

I know that others like Barlow Elton are working on things, but not a whole lot is out yet.

You can find a significant amount of information here on this forum, or even the XL-H1 sub-forum that will show you comparisons of a variety of settings.
Holly Rognan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

All of these areas are subjects which I'd like to explore in depth. If we can compare notes together, I'm sure that will expedite the learning process for all of us!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #4
Go Cycle

Sounds good.
I actually have a good one that a person thanked me for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
All of these areas are subjects which I'd like to explore in depth. If we can compare notes together, I'm sure that will expedite the learning process for all of us!
Old December 5th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #5
New Boot

Custom settings from the group would be fantastic. We could try out the settings and have a bench mark. I was going to send my A1 to Roger Macie and ask him to give us a Macie look for the A1. Roger tweaks all of our Network cameras (Sony D600) . I will contact him soon and get back to the group .
Rick Mickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks Rick, if he's willing to do that, I'll be more than happy to send you some "good swag" to give to him in appreciation on behalf of all of us here.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:21 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Don't reinvent the weel. Older Canon camcorders have the same settings, see the H1 forum for examples and http://www.videodirect.com/canon/digcc/canon-xl2.html for explanations of what each setting does.
Jerome Marot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:25 AM   #8
New Boot

Chris I will call him tomorrow. I might want to set it up so you can talk to him when I send up my A1. With your vast knowledge of the A1 and the needs of the group I think we might be able to get some good tweaks out of Roger....I will keep you posted. FYI. http://www.macievideo.com/
Rick Mickler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders