Canon XH series -- various sample clips - Page 41 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:32 PM   #601
Major Player

There was a little #%)*% in the music at the beginning of video, I am not sure it's supposed to be like that...for first like 7seconds.
You captured some beautiful images overseas! Architectures are just stunning.
For your video, I am not sure if it's codec/export setting, but it didn't look as crisp as it should. Did you use any presets? When I first purchased A1 and didn't use any presets, mine kinda look like colors looked less standing out and I see the similar colors on yours as well (for example, the shot of flowers at 3:55, color could have been more vibrant with tweaks)
Otherwise, I like how you frame the bridge and streets and stuff. Didn't you wish the sky was bluer? Mother nature just does not want you to capture that clear blue sky sometime when you need it!
Thank you for sharing your video. It makes me wanna go visit Amsterdam. (Never been to Europe.. shame..)

JJ

ps. I see you have same problem with the audio on your other video?
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM   #602
Regular Crew

Thanks Trish, I had fun making it and sharing!
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #603
New Boot

Bboying breakdance in HD test

I have been filming everything since I got my xh a1 in SD which is when it was first released because i havent had the need to film in HD and what i tried looked terrible because I use Premiere Pro CS3. I recently trialled Cinform Aspect HD and it really work well.

I filmed the following in 50i and have deinterlaced it in premiere. You will see in two shots i used effects just to see how they would come out. I have also colour corrected the start. I had to turn the gain up on the day because we lost almost all light.

This is only a test with no real editing and the I have not picked out the best moves. But what do you think?
Just incase you are wondering there is no sound!
www.markogrady.com/hd/HDTest.wmv
Marko Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 01:57 AM   #604
Regular Crew

Thanks J.J

Agree , the outcome is not up to my expectation , yes I did used some preset from this forum such the VIVDRGB and others , also I made some color correction in Avid.
Laffan Nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #605
Regular Crew

Videodoodle No.1

This is what most people call 'test footage',but to me it's not test footage because I've already tested everything.
This is what I call a 'videodoodle' - I haven't decided on an actual project so I'm just shooting random stuff,important to me,but meaningless to everyone else (although I have to say that I love watching other peoples 'test footage'!)

I shot all this footage this afternoon over the space of an hour.
Videodoodle no.1 on Vimeo
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #606
Regular Crew

Nice work man.
The footage looks really good, makes me wanna buy an adapter.
It seems that this adapter is more price friendly for us from europe.
Hubert Duijzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #607
Regular Crew

Cheers Hubert!

Yes,the SGPRO is the way forward. Picture quality,build quality and price make it the top of the pile I think.
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #608
Major Player

airshow

airshow in Ostrava - Mosnov in Czech Republic, 37min, wmv 960x540 (1,8Mbps), 502MB.
There was a very bad weather. You can download this airshow there - http://www.videoproduce.cz/images/DNY_NATO_2008.wmv

XH-A1, ND filter, shutter 1/50, Libec zoom controller, manual focus. Nice to hear your view.

Last edited by Pavel Sedlak; September 26th, 2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: mistakes ..
Pavel Sedlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #609
New Boot

Too long for me to watch. Seemed like there was no editing in my opinion. Did have some nice shots tho :-)
Owen McNabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #610
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen McNabb View Post
Too long for me to watch. Seemed like there was no editing in my opinion. Did have some nice shots tho :-)
It is not some short music shot, I know. But there was a lot of editing, rough material have about fives hours .-) . Thanks for answer (short video from this airshow I will make later).

Last edited by Pavel Sedlak; September 26th, 2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: some mistakes
Pavel Sedlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #611
Regular Crew

Bisous d'Erquy

As mentioned on the forum before the BBC reviewed the XH A1 in which they suggest a preset to give the colourist a reasonable exposure range. So I thought I would film bits and pieces during our last holiday in France using the 'BBC' preset. I haven't done any cc, apart from slightly pulling the blacks. Hope you enjoy it!

Bisous d'Erquy: Bisous d'Erquy on Vimeo
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #612
Regular Crew

Very nice Oliver. I enjoyed watching it and the many clips and angles made it fun.
Glen Canning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #613
Major Player

Merci Olivier. What is the preset? Where you shooting at 30F?
Old October 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM   #614
Regular Crew

Thanks, pleased you like it!

Robert, I shot at 50i using the BBC preset which you can find by reading the following document BBC - R&D - Publications - WHP034 - Addendum 22.
Old October 1st, 2008, 06:25 AM   #615
Tourist

A holiday guide surely deserving of a slot on a BBC programme. Enjoyed it greatly, esp. how the music fit so well with the character and edit of the film.
Joshua Gonzales is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders