Reformat 16x9 SD BNC Output? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Reformat 16x9 SD BNC Output?

Is there any way to reformat the 16x9 BNC output of the A1 to a letterbox format without making the component output SD as well?(I have to have HD Component Video out) I'm wanting to run this output (BNC) to a dvd burner for SD backup. I don't think DVD Burners will see the footage as 16x9 and therefore won't allow DVD Players to reformat the image. Anyone have any small hardware gadgets they know of?

Chris
Chris Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

VCR Playback mode > Signal Setup Menu > Letterbox > On.

That should do what you want... right?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 06:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, I think that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I need to do it while recording. Actually while using the camera as a pass through to a notebook with dvrack or the console software installed. So even if I set it in the VCR mode I don't think it'll effect it without effecting the Component. I'm not sure about that, but that's what it says in the manual. I played with the camera today and was able to change the BNC to letterbox, but by doing that it converted the Component to SD.

chris
Chris Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Swartz
... while using the camera as a pass through to a notebook with dvrack or the console software installed.
Not clear about using the camera as a passthrough.... you're using it as the source feeding two outputs, one component HD (to a laptop?) and hopefully, one composite SD to standalone DVD?

You're really looking for a card like the Kona or Xena LHe.

www.aja.com

or Decklink: www.decklink.com

The LHe is the way to go, infinite possibilities. Great card. Cheaper in the long run than a box full of single purpose converters/adaptors.

If you could be more specific as to what hardware you're using I'm sure you'd get a more defined solution.

Last edited by Jay Fisk; January 3rd, 2007 at 01:58 AM.
Jay Fisk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders