XH A1 Capture problem - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:02 PM   #16
Regular Crew

DF vs NDF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Suthard
I am having no problems with these settings and capturing 24F from the A1. But FCP cannot deal with the video switching between 24F and 60i so make sure you are capturing a segment of tape all in 24F. I think I crashed FCP one time when my tape playback switched to a different mode.
That's what I have in my system but it doesn't want to recognize the camera. This is weird because when I tried to put in a custom setup, it had the A1 listed in a pulldown menu as a connected device. So I know the computer is seeing it, however it just won't let me capture.

If I put in that the camera is a DVCProHD 1080p device it can control the camera and doesn't give me any trouble, however it wont video in my capture window.

Would something like drop-frame and NDF recording/capture settings mix this up at all? Perhaps the lines are getting crossed here somehow, but I feel that the camera should still be recognized.

Thanks in advance.
Brian Spatz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders