New forumite with A1 number 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New forumite with A1 number 2

Greetings.

This is my first post but have already spent quite a bit of time lurking here. You lot have helped me make my mind up about buying the XH A1 and various other kit to get me started in the business of videography so thanks for that. I'll post some footage when I've experimented with the camera a little more but it seems great so far.

I'm on my 2nd XH A1 already as I did have a problem with the first one. It had a horrible blue "splodge" on video and stills which looked like some sort of chemical spilt on one of the sensors (at least that was my best guess as the lens looked fine).

Thankfully no problem yet with the replacement.

What's the best way to share a still of this problem with others? I don't have my own website up and running yet. Can I post an image on the forum?

Will be trying out the forum custom presets very soon. I was quite surprised by the set up of the camera. eg the speed of the default focus sensitivity. Far too fast to be useable. Anyway I've changed it to a slower ring sensitivity so it is useable.

As a bit of background my first wedding is coming up soon and a little corporate work lined up after that. Am using the Adobe suite - Premier Pro 2, After Effects 7, Photoshop CS, Encore 2 etc. Mic's - Sennheiser wireless, Rode NTG2.

Are there any other UK members of the IOV (Institute of Videography) on here?

Any cheap shoulder braces people can recommend? I still want my hands on the camera but with a reasonably priced support. If not then maybe I'll make my own.

How have those of you who have filmed at weddings coped with filming for periods of time hand held?
Mark G. Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:59 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G. Roberts
It had a horrible blue "splodge" on video and stills which looked like some sort of chemical spilt on one of the sensors (at least that was my best guess as the lens looked fine).
No point in posting that... obviously it's a defect that needed to be fixed. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with a properly working camera. Welcome aboard,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders