Negative 3 Gain Setting? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 18th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Negative 3 Gain Setting?

Does the A1 have a -3 gain setting? I've looked through the menus and all I can find are the 0, +6, and +12 gain settings. Thanks in advance.
Dave Halliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Dave. The default settings for the 3-position gain switch are 0, 6 and 12dB. You can change these settings in the Menu, under Camera Setup/Gain Setting. You need to select the one you want to alter and then use the toggle switch to change the value.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks! I have to say that Canon's menu design is not as intuitive as I'm used to (Sony, Panasonic). Though, I also have to say that I LOVE THIS CAMERA! Sony never would have put so many pro controls on one of their pro-sumer models.

Yesterday, I was shooting a press conference on Capitol Hill. I needed a few soundbites for a story I'm working on. I ran into a few guys I'd worked with before, and pretty soon, we had a crowd of 4 or 5 pro cameramen turning their backs on their $60k Betacams and huddling around my little A1 b/c they thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Dave Halliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Halliday
Thanks! I have to say that Canon's menu design is not as intuitive as I'm used to (Sony, Panasonic). Though, I also have to say that I LOVE THIS CAMERA! Sony never would have put so many pro controls on one of their pro-sumer models.

Yesterday, I was shooting a press conference on Capitol Hill. I needed a few soundbites for a story I'm working on. I ran into a few guys I'd worked with before, and pretty soon, we had a crowd of 4 or 5 pro cameramen turning their backs on their $60k Betacams and huddling around my little A1 b/c they thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Very cool, Canon would love to get this blurb on their site, what would top it off is how many of those guys will show up in the near future with one!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders