DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   A1 from B&H in past 7 days... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/85197-a1-b-h-past-7-days.html)

Brian Spatz January 30th, 2007 08:44 AM

A1 from B&H in past 7 days...

I didn't qualify for this, however if you've just purchased your A1 from B&H within their return policy (last seven days,) the price just recently dropped $200. If you call their customer service, you should be able to get a credit (or refund?) for the difference. Just a heads up.

PS I know this is pretty time sensitive, so this thread can be deleted after two or three days

Thanh Tran January 30th, 2007 06:20 PM

My 5 days, so they refund $200. thanks B&H they are nice people.

Edward Randolph January 30th, 2007 07:55 PM

What is the discount price?

I just ordered my XH-A1 yesterday. So I must have gotten the lowered price, right? I paid $3499.

Anthony Leong January 30th, 2007 08:01 PM

B&H price on the Canon A1 use to be $3699, but the price is $3499 now. I guess they lower their price to match the other store across from city hall in NYC. Who is a very reputable dealer. They had the $3499 price for about 2-3 weeks already.

Brian Spatz January 30th, 2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanh Tran
My 5 days, so they refund $200. thanks B&H they are nice people.

And I'm the silly guy who just couldn't wait. Enjoy your extra 200!

L. Kirk Kauder January 31st, 2007 10:40 AM

They are wonderful at B&H and we won't shop anywhere else (if we don't have to! :-))
They gave us back the $200 (as store credit) after it had been sixteen days since our A1 purchase.
We just can't say enough good things about those guys!

Geoffrey Baker January 31st, 2007 11:49 AM

Thanks much for the heads up on this. I just called, bought mine on the 18th, at first they said no I just missed it. I pressed a little and bingo, $200 back, baby! Of course I'm just going to turn around a spend it back at BH.

Woo Hoo.

Geoffrey S. Baker

Brian Spatz January 31st, 2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L. Kirk Kauder
They gave us back the $200 (as store credit) after it had been sixteen days since our A1 purchase.
We just can't say enough good things about those guys!

Which guy did you get? I've already talked to two who said "the store wont let me." So much for loyalty.

Byron Huskey January 31st, 2007 01:29 PM

I don't know his name, but my guy was great! I was a little bit outside of it (ordered the 11th, arrived the 16th, and price drop was the 24th) but he asked his supervisor to make an exception and he did! I love B&H!

Jim Miller January 31st, 2007 04:48 PM

Maybe Canon is coming out with a surprise new camera at NAB which would also explaine the price drop. this happens when you see rebates to. EX: there was a $350 rebat on the DVX100B at new years now its $500. somethng must be up.

L. Kirk Kauder February 2nd, 2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Spatz
Which guy did you get? I've already talked to two who said "the store wont let me." So much for loyalty.

Really don't know... communication was via email to their sales support folks.
After my request they wrote back saying they would forward my email to the right people. It took 3 more days, but they wrote back with a short note saying that I now had a $200 store credit. Maybe I caught them before the main rush of folks asking for refunds?

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Miller
Maybe Canon is coming out with a surprise new camera at NAB...

That would be one heck of a surprise, since they've never done that before (meaning, don't count on it).

Bill Pryor February 2nd, 2007 02:08 PM

I paid $3,999...which makes me break out into song...

Ah got da early adopter blues
from mah haid down to mah shoes

from mah haid down to mah shoes

'Cause mah baby wuz callin' to me
ah couldn't wait, yuh see
Had to order it da day it came out an' ah jes' wanna go out and shout...

from mah haid down to mah shoes.......

Evan C. King February 2nd, 2007 02:52 PM

God, I love that song.

Lou Bruno February 2nd, 2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Miller
Maybe Canon is coming out with a surprise new camera at NAB which would also explaine the price drop. this happens when you see rebates to. EX: there was a $350 rebat on the DVX100B at new years now its $500. somethng must be up.

NOPE......trust me on this one. Top seller with great internet reviews!!