Customer 'service' at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 30th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #1
Major Player

Customer 'service'

For those of you who followed my saga, I had a hot pixel which went in for repair and came back unfixed. It took me two weeks to convince Canon something was wrong (thanks to a very helpful David M.) and I sent my camera back in.

Today I found out they completed the work order AGAIN without fixing the problem, saying they couldn't reproduce the problem. FINALLY I spoke to a human being, and I get to go into Canon's Missisauga service center tommorow and sit down with a technician and show him the problem and have him fix it for me, right before my eyes (most likely have him replace the CCD block).

Regardless of whether or not I actually get to watch the repair (I honestly doubt it), Finally my camera should be fixed... almost 1 1/2 months after I brought it in the first time.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Major Player

HI Matthew,

Where and how long ago did you buy the camera in Toronto? did you ask the dealer to exchange it for you?

Thanks
Matthew
Matthew Amirkhani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Major Player

It seems like everyone outside the US is having problems with Canon? Am I the only one that notices this trend? It seems like US customers don't have anywhere near as many problems as others, but maybe I'm just overlooking it.

Hopefully you can get your cam fixed... I'd hate to be without a camera for that long when its such a simple problem. Was the hot pixel in a really noticeable place?
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Pretty much dead centre showing up at 1/24 and 3db gain. Not cool.

As for the dealer, VISTEK has always been good to me. It occured after 2 months of owning the cam, so it was a little late for a refund.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Glad to hear it's going to be fixed, please post after your sit-down with Canon.
Stu Siegal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders