DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Temple of the Dog (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/86066-temple-dog.html)

Barlow Elton February 9th, 2007 01:04 PM

Temple of the Dog

Apologies in advance for the quirky sense of humor.

http://media.dvinfo.net/canonxh/TempleoftheDog.mov (right click/save 64 MB QT)

Juan Oropeza February 9th, 2007 01:29 PM

Nice Job!

Thanks for sharing Barlow. I absolutely loved it all! Very creative.

Juan

Tomas Chinchilla February 9th, 2007 02:39 PM

jajaja, funny short, can you share your settings please, pretty good job by the way.

Glenn Thomas February 9th, 2007 08:48 PM

Hahaha, classic!

Nick Weeks February 9th, 2007 09:03 PM

Very funny, loved it

Dennis Wood February 9th, 2007 09:43 PM

Ok, that was priceless. If that "sumbitch" was a Shetland Sheepdog, then I have scars on my leg to prove they're just as ornery as depicted :-) Not even an 11 year old (it was a while ago) paddling the old banana seat bike at 1000 rpm could escape it's fierce jaws.

You made me laugh out loud...repeatedly :-)

Larry Huntington February 9th, 2007 10:58 PM

That must have taken a lot of balls dude! Totally funny and good quality! Liked that opening rack focus shot.

Barlow Elton February 9th, 2007 11:50 PM

Thanks guys.:) I just rolled off about 6 minutes of footage of my pal Joey at twilight. He was going a little crazy with all the neighborhood "chat" that evening, so I just had to get a little verite' footage of the moment. ;)

Tomas--I basically shot with the pedestal a little low, Cinegamma2, sharpness -3 and most everything else neutral. Just a few tweaks in post and that was it.

Glad it was mildly amusing. :)

Dennis--I'm dying to try a Brevis at some point. I would love to test it with full uncompressed capture and HDV and compare the two.

Richard Kane February 19th, 2007 08:41 PM

compression settings?

Barlow,
I am a newbee
what was your workflow to get that video on the web looking so great?
I am using final cut pro and filmed a scene in 24f any suggestions.
I have tried to export as a self contained quicktime movie but the final product looks like garbage in the wrong viewing aspect ratio?

Steve Kachocki February 24th, 2007 12:11 AM

Where in UT?

That looks like Spanish Fark with Timp in the background? I'm deep in the heart of Sugarhouse.

Cute video. Just got the A1 last weekend and have shot some tape of the kids but not had time to edit yet.

Regards,
Steve

Barlow Elton February 24th, 2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Kane
Barlow,
I am a newbee
what was your workflow to get that video on the web looking so great?
I am using final cut pro and filmed a scene in 24f any suggestions.
I have tried to export as a self contained quicktime movie but the final product looks like garbage in the wrong viewing aspect ratio?

Hi Richard,

I usually do my image tweaks in an HDV 24F timeline, and then when I'm happy with the edit I copy/paste the sequence into a custom sequence using a high quality intermediate codec. I tend to use the Sheer lossless codec which I purchased as an add-on QT codec to use with FCP. I set the image dimensions as 1920x1080 and thankfully FCP automatically knows to convert the anamorphic 1440x1080 HDV material into square pixel 1920x1080.

I skip the whole HDV conform process and simply render and export a self-contained Sheer 1080 clip. This is what I use as a master to encode h.264 from.

The nice thing about this workflow is that I don't need to capture into an intermediate format that takes up a lot of storage, but in the end I still get the benefits of bypassing HDV for final product.

Barlow Elton February 24th, 2007 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kachocki
That looks like Spanish Fark with Timp in the background? I'm deep in the heart of Sugarhouse.

Cute video. Just got the A1 last weekend and have shot some tape of the kids but not had time to edit yet.

Regards,
Steve

North UT county.

Sugarhouse, eh? Nice area.

Curtis Rhoads February 25th, 2007 03:01 PM

I've come to the conclusion that my buddy Joey needs a slice of pizza for that performance! :-D

So, the next time I buy some pizza, I'm coming over to share with Joey... And I guess Barlow can have a slice too! :-)

I hadn't noticed Timp in the background before... Shows you how much I paid attention to the yard!

Marty Hudzik March 14th, 2007 08:10 AM

LMAO. Nice one Barlow. I don't know how I missed it when you first posted it.

So, are you running with both an A1 and and H1 now? Or did you sell the H1?

Marty

Greg Boston March 14th, 2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlow Elton (Post 622010)
Apologies in advance for the quirky sense of humor.

http://media.dvinfo.net/canonxh/TempleoftheDog.mov (right click/save 64 MB QT)

No apologies necessary, Barlow. Any dog lover such as myself can quickly identify with that humor. Nice job!

-gb-