New owner in Ireland at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 13th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #1
New Boot

New owner in Ireland

Hi Folks
My time spent lurking and researching on this forum has helped me make an informed choice...I am exceedingly grateful.
On opening the box I was surprised by the solid feel and "PRO" look. I found the menu system ok, I followed my nose and played around with custom keys and presets, when I felt lost or unsure I pressed menu to escape and tried again. I like being able to preset a focus and zoom position. Audio seems to work well and switching to xlrs, phantom power is straight forward though the switch layout is confusing above the xlrs, it aint rocket science though.
Today I will shoot in the Green glens of Antrim for the first time in hdv mode. I will report anything I find confusing or interesting as a new user.Thanks again folks. Les
Les Mularky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 01:49 PM   #2
New Boot

Congrats on the new camera, Les. I look forward to your findings. Like you, I recently picked up an A1 after doing a lot of lurking on these (and other) boards. Canon should give some of these guys a commission!
Mike Covington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:46 AM   #3
Major Player

Woah. The "Green glens of Antrim"? After you shoot, could you post some clips? You see, I live vicariously through all of you A1 owners posting your clips from glamorous locations .... I'd post some clips of my surroundings but I'm guessing that the suburban blight and soccer moms wouldn't impress anyone ... ;)
Dave Lammey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #4
Disjecta

Welcome Les and congratulations on your purchase. I'd love to see some footage from the oul' sod...I was born in Dublin.

:)
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #5
Major Player

Upside down Guinness glasses make really good short angle lenses Y'know Les.
Slainte!
Dom
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders