Shooting in HDV/SD settings... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #1
New Boot

Shooting in HDV/SD settings...

I have tried shooting in HD and have had it come out good(just good, perhaps it's my lighting). But when i shoot in SD and capture it into FCP it looks like garbage. REALLY BAD GARBAGE, pixels the size of rodents. what am i doing wrong?

Anyone have any sugguestions of settings for the camera or perhaps its the capture method that i am using for SD? Which setup are you using for capturing in FCP?

Also, if anyone could give me some advice for setting up the camera for better quality in HD that would be appreciated too. When i shoot now, my footage is looking, not grainy but kinda... dont really know how to explain it. Or of someone could point me to any type of page/site with lighting or setup info to help out that would also be appreciated. Thanks
Will Crain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Will. Your description of the video sounds really horrible, so there might be a fault in your camera. However, just in case, I suggest you make sure that the AGC switch is set to OFF. If it is left ON, it adds an uncontrollable amount of gain and noise to the image.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders