XH-G1 uncompressed 1080i 24F? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 13th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #1
Tourist

XH-G1 uncompressed 1080i 24F?

Two questions.

1. I'm shooting a feature film in about 6 months. I'm looking at cameras. Right now I'm trying to decide between the XH-G1, XH-A1 and JVC 110U. I want it to have the closest movement to film as possible. What camera do you recommend?

2. Can I shoot uncompressed 1080i 24f on the G1? Or is it just 1080/60i? I'm confused.
David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

This article is about shooting uncompressed on the XL-H1 for feature films, (The XH series has the same chips as the XL-H1):

Scott Billups Tests Canon XL H1 for Motion-Picture Production

“I recently did a film-out test of images captured using Canon’s XL H1 HDV camcorder,” Billups revealed, “and what it can do is absolutely mind-boggling.”

Billups had special praise for the 24 F feature of the XL H1 as well. “Canon's 24F system produces an output that looks and feels like 24-frame movie film,” he says. “While the technology is a closely guarded Canon secret, the proof is in the image. When digitally projected or printed to film, the image from the XLH1 compares more closely to those of ultra-high-end HD cameras than it does to the growing assortment of consumer HDV camcorders.

Full article at:

http://videoediting.digitalmedianet....e.jsp?id=43573
James R. Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:14 AM   #3
Starway Pictures

If you're going to take advantage of the G1's HD-SDI uncompressed output then I highly recommend recording on the Wafian HR-1 recorder. The unit is pretty big a requires AC power. But it uses the lossless Cineform codec.

I will be using this combo (with the XLH1) on the feature I'm shooting this Spring.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders