DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Free Tapes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/86703-free-tapes.html)

Alastair Brown February 16th, 2007 02:49 PM

Free Tapes

www.sony.com/hi5

I know this has been posted elsewhere however, although its off topic, I'm sure it will be of interest to a lot of you with new cameras!

Anybody know whether this is just for you lucky USA guys or do your poor relations over here in the UK qualify as well?

Lou Bruno February 16th, 2007 08:11 PM

Make sure ALL of the paperwork is perfect otherwise it will be rejected like mine was. I hand wrote the serial #. REJECTED by SONY!!!!

Anthony Leong February 17th, 2007 11:16 AM

I never got my tapes either and how should it be done so Sony won't reject it?

Bill Pryor February 17th, 2007 11:22 AM

I never ordered mine. Those Sony tapes are about double the price of Panasonic's AMQ (Advanced Master Quality), which lots of people are using with great success. I didn't want to get myself committed to using Sony and then switching.

Dave Halliday February 18th, 2007 12:00 PM

My application went through fine. read the fine print when applying. some things aren't too clear. I got my tapes about 2 weeks after I applied. great service.

Lou Bruno February 18th, 2007 01:30 PM

That's good to hear. My problem started when SONY lost my paperwork.
I highly suggest faxing over the information instead of mail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Halliday
My application went through fine. read the fine print when applying. some things aren't too clear. I got my tapes about 2 weeks after I applied. great service.

Michael Bartolo February 19th, 2007 02:26 AM

I wouldn't waste your time. Large numbers of properly complied with requests for the tape have been rejected or "lost" by Sony. Do not waste your time and end up getting frustrated with Sony's problems with fulfilling the tape requests.

Lou Bruno February 19th, 2007 08:39 AM

They also lost my videographer friend's paperwork. He resides in Florida.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Bartolo
I wouldn't waste your time. Large numbers of properly complied with requests for the tape have been rejected or "lost" by Sony. Do not waste your time and end up getting frustrated with Sony's problems with fulfilling the tape requests.

Kevin Myhre February 19th, 2007 03:17 PM

Yep mine was rejected to. don't remember what they said was wrong. Something with the S# I think. I sent everything they asked for so who knows what the problem was.

Bill Pryor February 19th, 2007 03:20 PM

Maybe the purchasers of Sony HDV cameras get better treatment?
You'd think they wouldn't be so pickey, because it's to their benefit to get people hooked on Sony tape. Lots of people would use the 5 tapes and then probably not want to switch brands.

Glenn Davidson February 19th, 2007 03:27 PM

Acording to a full page advertisment in DV magazine, the 5 tape offer now applies to the purchase of the HVR-M15 and HVR-M25 decks. I just purchased a M15....so we will see. Not a great start though, the link they provide does not seem to mention the offer.

Wally Traugott February 20th, 2007 01:04 PM

5 Free Sony HDV 63 DigitalMaster Tapes

I originally sent the form and my invoice in, and the submission was rejected. Reason: my invoice did not show the serial number of the camera. I then contacted my seller to supply me with another invoice, which should show the serial number on the invoice. I then re-submitted the claim, and received the 5 tapes shortly after by FedEx. Make sure your camera's serial number appears printed on your invoice.

Michael Bartolo February 21st, 2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally Traugott
I originally sent the form and my invoice in, and the submission was rejected. Reason: my invoice did not show the serial number of the camera. I then contacted my seller to supply me with another invoice, which should show the serial number on the invoice. I then re-submitted the claim, and received the 5 tapes shortly after by FedEx. Make sure your camera's serial number appears printed on your invoice.

Good advice. If you do not have machine inscribed serial number you have zero probability of getting these tapes. I called on my request (3rd time) yesterday. I go the line. "Sorry, our computers are down, we cannot talk, we will call you back." I have yet to hear from them!

Alastair Brown February 22nd, 2007 07:36 AM

Terms and Conditions state - USA and Alaska excluding Hawai and teriitories.

What about us poor old Brits?

Tom Houston March 14th, 2007 05:51 PM

Received my tapes!

Submitted my request online (Correctly) and then followed up by faxing the form generated by the web site AND my original B&H receipt to the fax number provided.

Timeline is as follows:

Claim Submitted online 2.19.2007
Web site generated claim form faxed 2.21.2007
Tapes received via FedEx 3.14.2007

Just make sure to put in the whole 28 digit serial number and you should be fine.