Free Tapes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 16th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Major Player

Free Tapes

www.sony.com/hi5

I know this has been posted elsewhere however, although its off topic, I'm sure it will be of interest to a lot of you with new cameras!

Anybody know whether this is just for you lucky USA guys or do your poor relations over here in the UK qualify as well?
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #2
Go Cycle

Make sure ALL of the paperwork is perfect otherwise it will be rejected like mine was. I hand wrote the serial #. REJECTED by SONY!!!!
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I never got my tapes either and how should it be done so Sony won't reject it?
Anthony Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #4
Contributor

I never ordered mine. Those Sony tapes are about double the price of Panasonic's AMQ (Advanced Master Quality), which lots of people are using with great success. I didn't want to get myself committed to using Sony and then switching.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #5
Regular Crew

My application went through fine. read the fine print when applying. some things aren't too clear. I got my tapes about 2 weeks after I applied. great service.
Dave Halliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #6
Go Cycle

That's good to hear. My problem started when SONY lost my paperwork.
I highly suggest faxing over the information instead of mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Halliday
My application went through fine. read the fine print when applying. some things aren't too clear. I got my tapes about 2 weeks after I applied. great service.
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:26 AM   #7
New Boot

I wouldn't waste your time. Large numbers of properly complied with requests for the tape have been rejected or "lost" by Sony. Do not waste your time and end up getting frustrated with Sony's problems with fulfilling the tape requests.
Michael Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #8
Go Cycle

They also lost my videographer friend's paperwork. He resides in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bartolo
I wouldn't waste your time. Large numbers of properly complied with requests for the tape have been rejected or "lost" by Sony. Do not waste your time and end up getting frustrated with Sony's problems with fulfilling the tape requests.
Old February 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Yep mine was rejected to. don't remember what they said was wrong. Something with the S# I think. I sent everything they asked for so who knows what the problem was.
Kevin Myhre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #10
Contributor

Maybe the purchasers of Sony HDV cameras get better treatment?
You'd think they wouldn't be so pickey, because it's to their benefit to get people hooked on Sony tape. Lots of people would use the 5 tapes and then probably not want to switch brands.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #11
Major Player

Acording to a full page advertisment in DV magazine, the 5 tape offer now applies to the purchase of the HVR-M15 and HVR-M25 decks. I just purchased a M15....so we will see. Not a great start though, the link they provide does not seem to mention the offer.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #12
Tourist

5 Free Sony HDV 63 DigitalMaster Tapes

I originally sent the form and my invoice in, and the submission was rejected. Reason: my invoice did not show the serial number of the camera. I then contacted my seller to supply me with another invoice, which should show the serial number on the invoice. I then re-submitted the claim, and received the 5 tapes shortly after by FedEx. Make sure your camera's serial number appears printed on your invoice.
Wally Traugott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:16 AM   #13
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Traugott
I originally sent the form and my invoice in, and the submission was rejected. Reason: my invoice did not show the serial number of the camera. I then contacted my seller to supply me with another invoice, which should show the serial number on the invoice. I then re-submitted the claim, and received the 5 tapes shortly after by FedEx. Make sure your camera's serial number appears printed on your invoice.

Good advice. If you do not have machine inscribed serial number you have zero probability of getting these tapes. I called on my request (3rd time) yesterday. I go the line. "Sorry, our computers are down, we cannot talk, we will call you back." I have yet to hear from them!
Michael Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 07:36 AM   #14
Major Player

Terms and Conditions state - USA and Alaska excluding Hawai and teriitories.

What about us poor old Brits?
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #15
New Boot

Received my tapes!

Submitted my request online (Correctly) and then followed up by faxing the form generated by the web site AND my original B&H receipt to the fax number provided.

Timeline is as follows:

Claim Submitted online 2.19.2007
Web site generated claim form faxed 2.21.2007
Tapes received via FedEx 3.14.2007

Just make sure to put in the whole 28 digit serial number and you should be fine.
Tom Houston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders