DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   How to display the Zoom+Focus permanently (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/87254-how-display-zoom-focus-permanently.html)

Pascal Napo February 22nd, 2007 11:37 AM

How to display the Zoom+Focus permanently

Hi Everyone,

First of all I'd like to thank the pro and amateurs of this forum. You were very helpfull in many ways in my purchase decision. I just picked up a XHA1 mainly for corporate videos. I just tryed to mess with de customs presets last week-end and ran some test footage in SD and of course HDV. Well, I may be redundant with many people around here, but wouaw, I'm very very pleased with the performance of this camera.

I 've got a minor issue, maybe I did not read carefully the manual but I cannot succeed in making working the display settings in the customization menu. I want the information of the zoom and the focus range to be always displayed in the LCD & Viewfinder and not just while touching the "wheels". So I set the parameters that way according to what it is said in the manual. I saved it on the SD card, dowloaded again on the camera. In the customization setting the information is correctly displayed but nothing changed in the LCD or viewfinder.

Does anyone have in insight?

Any help woud be much appreciated.

thank's

Pascal

Chris Hurd February 22nd, 2007 11:48 AM

A frequently asked question. Stand by while I find that discussion thread...

Chris Hurd February 22nd, 2007 11:52 AM

Answered at http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=85543

Bill Pryor February 22nd, 2007 11:53 AM

I've tried the same thing and can't make it stay on either. Actually, the zoom stays on but not the focus. I'd really like the zoom off and focus on. I set it up that way but it always goes back and ignores my setup. I've tried everything numerous times...there must be something I'm not doing right, even though I've been over the manual more than once.

Chris Hurd February 22nd, 2007 11:58 AM

Both focus and zoom will stay on, all the time. See link in my post above for instructions.

Pascal Napo February 22nd, 2007 12:00 PM

Thank's a lot Chris. I'll try that !

Pascal

Bill Pryor February 22nd, 2007 04:37 PM

I tried it. Again. It won't save. No matter what I do, it brings up a custom preset that's different from what I entered. I go back, go through everything again, save it, get out, press the display button and it goes back to the old one.

Barry Richard February 22nd, 2007 06:29 PM

I have -- and continue to have after trying it once again -- NO success in getting the focus to stay on display

VERY frustrating

Bill Busby February 22nd, 2007 06:56 PM

No problem here. Maybe because I saved to the card?

Bill

Barry Richard February 22nd, 2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Busby
No problem here. Maybe because I saved to the card?

Bill

I tune -- then saved to card

nuthin !

Tom Roper February 22nd, 2007 07:26 PM

It works for me unless the focus switch is in auto.

Barry Richard February 22nd, 2007 07:48 PM

its just started to work for me (I'd like it to be on even when in auto btw)

how can I get the 2 lines that describe the custom keys removed from my display ???

I have tried setting #8 -- setting them both to off -- no effect

is there another setting ??

Chris Hurd February 22nd, 2007 08:04 PM

You guys are following my steps (detailed in the link above) to actually *activate* your custom display settings, right? Because saving to the card and closing the menu is not going to do it.

Bill Pryor February 22nd, 2007 09:22 PM

I've tried it every way imaginable but it still won't work. It's like it's stuck on one setting and won't get off.

Bill Busby February 22nd, 2007 09:36 PM

Bill, are you using the display button to make your custom display active? I'm assuming you're not, & if so, try this:

Press DISP until no displays at all, not even guides, then push twice... that cycles through the default display & then YOUR custom display, which is what you want.

My apologies if you've already done this.

Bill