DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Grab -13 Years of Pain (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/87799-grab-13-years-pain.html)

Amr Toukhy February 28th, 2007 03:36 PM

Grab -13 Years of Pain

4 Attachment(s)
This is a frame grab from a documentary 'am working on and part of what we should touch on is the child labor. This frame was captured from tape through cineform AVI converted to 1280 * 720 and then grabed out of After Effects Quality 5. CC was done on AE too.

Peace,
Amr

Steven Fokkinga February 28th, 2007 05:26 PM

Hey Amr, these are some wonderfully shot images, but if I might be so bold: I like the uncorrected grabs much better than the corrected ones! They look much more grubby and have more of the atmosphere I read in your composition. I understand that your trying to lift the white level a bit, but imho it would be better if you would do it somewhere half-way. Also very personal of course.

Steven

Marlon Torres February 28th, 2007 06:14 PM

I agree... the un-colorcorrected stuff looks better.

Jim Miller February 28th, 2007 06:37 PM

I vote for the uncorrected ones as well. Nice images.

Devon Lyon February 28th, 2007 08:23 PM

Ditto on uncorrected. Very nice.

Amr Toukhy March 1st, 2007 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks you guys for your great replies, i really needed your comments, i might need to watch out and not over do it :) i think you all are right ... i agree .. :)

Glenn Thomas March 5th, 2007 05:42 AM

Yes, before I even read the other comments I was going to say I prefered the uncorrected versions.

Alex Leith March 6th, 2007 04:27 PM

Personally, I think both the uncorrected and corrected versions look great. I'm going to with popular opinion and say that I slightly prefer the look of the uncorrected ones...

Adam Reuter March 8th, 2007 02:44 AM

I too prefer the unCCed footage...however if you can recall the colors when you/whomever was shooting that day...that should be how it is CCed. The mood of the uncc'ed colors fits the ruggedness of the boy, however.

Amr Toukhy March 8th, 2007 06:01 AM

thanks you guys for the comments, one question !!!

Do you think the images are sharp enough for an A1 or you think it could be better !!!

Thanks again

Cory Sheldon March 12th, 2007 01:35 PM

I think in the close up/UnCC one is too flat, it has too little contrast...the CC one has a much better range of bright/dark. Of the wider shots i think the UnCC one is pretty good, the overall desaturated color I think makes for a nice composition since your levels are bit more dynamic. I'd say go for the hue/saturation of the unCC ones but (sorta) more of the white/black levels of the CC ones. Just make sure not to blow out your whites (i.e. keep in that nice detail in the crumbling wall on the wider, unCC shot).

Todd Smaretsky November 8th, 2007 03:59 AM

I like the corrected ones

I know its a little late to comment though

Trish Kerr November 8th, 2007 07:34 AM

I'd probably go somewhere inbetween as well - the atmosphere is there in the uncorrected but a tad on the dark side and the corrected punch out some hidden detail. Nice shots. Great subject matter.

trish