DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon Promotions for XHA1 and XHG1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/88730-canon-promotions-xha1-xhg1.html)

Larry Chapman March 16th, 2007 06:34 AM

Drats!

I just noticed this rebate on Canon's website.
I bought an XH-A1 (ordered on Feb. 26th)! I will contact the retailer to whine . . . :-)

-- Larry Chapman

Jack Jenkins March 16th, 2007 09:36 AM

Xha2?

seems like CANON usualy puts out a rebate before a product change or model gets replaced. Its way too soon to expect a XHA2? or maybe an XHA1 with CMOS CCDS? By all acounts the XHA1 is a good seller. I could see a pro video product-wide rebate but I dont see a rebate on the XL-H1. Seems kinda odd.
Good, but odd.

Pete Bauer March 16th, 2007 09:48 AM

I don't know that rebates are necessarily tied to the end of life of their cameras. I haven't honestly kept track, but I'm pretty sure I remember that there have been several rebates for the GL2 and maybe the XL2, and those cameras are still current models.

Larry Chapman March 16th, 2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Chapman (Post 642616)
I just noticed this rebate on Canon's website.
I bought an XH-A1 (ordered on Feb. 26th)! I will contact the retailer to whine . . . :-)

-- Larry Chapman

I just talked to B&H and Canon USA. No joy. My XH-A1 purchased on 2/26/07 won't be getting me a $250 rebate.

I knew I should have waited to buy this camera! ;-)

Lou Bruno March 16th, 2007 11:36 AM

There will be no PRO models soon. The rebates are used to accelerate sales prior and after NAB in case of the introduction of new cameras by competitors.

However, in September, Canon will release another consumer HDV camera but not a prosumer of H1 type series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Jenkins (Post 642720)
seems like CANON usualy puts out a rebate before a product change or model gets replaced. Its way too soon to expect a XHA2? or maybe an XHA1 with CMOS CCDS? By all acounts the XHA1 is a good seller. I could see a pro video product-wide rebate but I dont see a rebate on the XL-H1. Seems kinda odd.
Good, but odd.

Jack Jenkins March 16th, 2007 12:34 PM

thanks Lou, I guess Mr.CANON is just being nice. Good for us.

Art Varga March 16th, 2007 05:54 PM

Placed my order for the A1 yesterday at B&H. This was a rare case where my procrastination rewarded me. (I was planning to place the order earlier in the week but got distracted). I used part of the $250 rebate to purchase a nice Petrol rolling wingbag which happended to included a free camera raincover. Feels good to get a good deal!

The B&H rep suggested this bag for the A1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Scott Cantrell March 19th, 2007 03:18 PM

Tapeworks is offering the XHA1 camcorder with a CamRade CB-Single I bag for $3599.00
View the 1000 stitch cordura cambag by visiting http://tapeworkstexas.com/camrade_cb_single_i_2.html
You will also receive the $250.00 rebate from Canon bringing your cost to $3399.00 for the camera and cambag!

CamRade will be releasing new products this NAB including a wetsuit, desertsuit and snowcoat specifically designed for the XHA1. If you are going to NAB, visit the CamRade booth at booth # C7817. TapeWorks Texas Inc will be working in the booth with them! I hope to see some of the DVinfo users in Vegas!

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Pete Bauer March 19th, 2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Bruno (Post 642803)
There will be no PRO models soon. The rebates are used to accelerate sales prior and after NAB in case of the introduction of new cameras by competitors.

However, in September, Canon will release another consumer HDV camera but not a prosumer of H1 type series.

Just to clarify that is Lou's personal best guess at what the reasons for the rebate are and what the future may hold (maybe correct, maybe not). He isn't speaking for Canon.

Kevin Amundson March 20th, 2007 07:46 AM

XH-A1 Purchased on March 13th

First Post! Hello Everyone.

I purchased my XH-A1 on March 13th from B&H. Two days later I found out about this rebate. I contacted B&H on the 16th but didn't get a reply back until the 19th. They said they would send me an invoice with a new date. :)Camera should arrive today.

Lou Bruno March 23rd, 2007 01:54 PM

That's correct.

However, Canon did tell me they are trying to encourage sales in parts of the country where sales may be not up to expectations.

Canon also advised me that there will no no PRO cameras soon. Canon did advise me that another version of a HV-20 is in the works and MAY be issued prior to the September date.

Of course, things can change as in any business. But this is what I have been told. Most of my obtained information is pretty accurate as was the case with the XH-A1 and the HV-10 release dates as well as the HV-20.

However, I did read that someone posted a XL-H2 rumour.
Canon denied same..................let's see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Bauer (Post 644468)
Just to clarify that is Lou's personal best guess at what the reasons for the rebate are and what the future may hold (maybe correct, maybe not). He isn't speaking for Canon.

Scott Cantrell March 27th, 2007 10:45 AM

PRE-NAB CANON XHA1 PROMOTION FROM TAPEWORKS TEXAS INC

TapeWorks is dropping the cost $100.00 from our previous price of $3595.00 to $3495.00 and still including the Free CamRade CB-SINGLE I Cambag!

Order the Canon XHA1 HDV Camcorder Kit from TapeWorks Texas for $3495.00 and receive a CamRade CB-SINGLE I Cambag Free.
REBATE AVAILABLE: $250.00 Mail-In Rebate with XHA1 Camcorder Purchase. Purchase a new Canon XHA1 camcorder and receive a $250 rebate by mail. To be eligible for the Rebate, purchase must be made from March 15, 2007 through and including June 30, 2007. Contact TapeWorks for more information to receive your Rebate.
Price after Rebate: $3,245.00
You can order from TapeWorks by simply ordering online at http://tapeworkstexas.com/canon_xha1.html

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks TExas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
Toll Free 866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Scott Cantrell May 15th, 2007 04:01 PM

TapeWorks is continuing the Promotion For the XHA1 camcorder with CB-Single I cambag for $3,495.00 through June 30, 2007

Please contact TapeWorks Texas Inc for a customized quotation.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Bill Pryor May 15th, 2007 09:47 PM

Did you get Rod's camera and bag shipped to him? I sent him to you. It's the best deal available now. In a few days we'll have 7 XH A1s in town that I know about personally.

Scott Cantrell June 18th, 2007 12:53 PM

Bill, Sorry, didn't mean to miss your post from last month. As a matter of fact, yes he did purchase the camcorder package from TapeWorks and it seems to be working great for his acquisition.

-Scott Cantrell