DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon Promotions for XHA1 and XHG1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/88730-canon-promotions-xha1-xhg1.html)

John Richard August 7th, 2007 02:51 PM

Good news here as well - we finally got our $500 rebate check for the XHG1 last week!

Armando Serrano August 30th, 2007 12:55 AM

Canon Refund was timely!!!!

I mailed the coupon for the $250 rebate exactly on July 25th and received it today August 29th. Not counting the 25th, the total number of calendar days is 35 and I can truly say I am very surprised for the speedy processing time when compared to the many other rebate programs I have submitted in the past.

At this point, I'm not sure why my experience was so positive other than I did go out of my way to clearly print, very legible, all the forms and also highlighted the pertinent information in all the required documents to make it much easier for anyone to read. I can't think of anything else that may have been a factor other than processing is improving...

Thank you Canon Rebate Center!

PS: ...but I still need to cash their check. ; )

Jason Lowe October 2nd, 2007 07:59 AM

Canon is running the $250 rebate again, from October 1 through December 31. The form is available on Canon's website. There are also rebates for the XH G1, the XL2 and the GL2.

Jonathan Schwartz October 3rd, 2007 10:26 PM

Tapeworks

Just wanted to echo praise to Scott at Tapeworks for his down to earth attitude and willingness to get your order how you want it. I needed an A1 for a shoot on Friday and Scott found a camera to get to even though he was out of stock. Then when I ordered the Libec L38 tripod the case did not fit. Scott contacted Libec and they will be sending out new larger cases so the tripod and feet can fit in the bag. It was refreshing after dealing with larger companies to have the personal attention that Scott and Tapeworks brings to the table. Keep up the great work!

Jonathan Schwartz
Owner, CA Video Productions

Rick Underwood October 4th, 2007 10:59 AM

Thats good news to hear!

I was looking forward to ordering another one but now i can't figure out why a Texas based company is charging tax for out of state customers...?

Other than that.. all is good!

John Richard October 7th, 2007 07:25 AM

If you do a substantial amount of business in another state, you are often required by that state's board of equalization to report sales in their state and collect and submit sales tax.

Dan Keaton October 7th, 2007 08:06 AM

TapeWorksTexas is part of a larger organization that does have a "Nexus" (presence or operation) in other states.

As such, they are required to collect sales tax in some, but not all states. The sales tax that they collect should be at the same level as your state and local sales taxes, as if you purchased it in your own area. This tax has to be remitted to your state.

Rick Underwood October 8th, 2007 10:37 AM

ok , excellent thanks for the help.
Since your so informative on this company...just curious where are they located in new york? As i'll just go and pick it up? Rather than deal with shipping. I checked on their site and can't find anything.

Thanks in advance...

Dan Keaton October 8th, 2007 12:10 PM

TapeWorks Texas is in Houston, Texas.

Scott Cantrell October 8th, 2007 12:48 PM

Jonathan, thank you for the praise. TapeWorks Texas Inc tries to provide the best customer service we can while keeping competitive on the market.

Rick, New York is no longer taxable with TapeWorks Texas Inc. It is still listed on our site which we need to update. TapeWorks is currently in the process of creating a new website which should be ready by the beginning of 2008. With this in mind, we have been slacking a little in upkeeping our current website. TapeWorks is a small business and we try to update products, pricing, promotions etc. But being that we are direct with almost 300 manufactures, the task is daunting. Most of my clientele generally contact me via phone and email which provides me the opportunity to respond with products that best fit an application and current pricing that can best fit a budget.

TapeWorks Texas Inc is independantly owned and operated. The sale prices, promotions, and service that we provide is all exclusive to our location. TapeWorks, however, can be considered a franchise in which there are multiple other offices independantly owned/operated that does create a "nexus", as Dan mentioned, requiring us to tax certain states. Addtionally there are certain states that mandates us to tax due to thier laws. When taxes are applicable, the ship-to locations state and county taxes are applied unless a tax exemption certificate is supplied.

Various states do have tax exemptions available for the film industry.
The Associations of Film Commissioners International has provided the following weblink/document for reviewel to see if your state is applicable to tax exemptions for the film industry
http://www.mpami.org/Econ%20Impact%2...ci%20march.pdf

Please contact me if you have any questions or if I can assist further.

Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
toll free: 866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Rick Underwood October 9th, 2007 11:24 AM

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the detailed response... its greatly appreciated. I have heard nothing but great things about you guys and looking forward to the future transactions. By the way I have "tried" to contact you but with the time difference and the times I have called... another gentleman answered stating you would be the pro to answer my additional A1 questions and you were with another happy customer.

I thank you again for your prompt response. Hopefully, your response will help other people who might have had questions as well.

Many thanks...

-Rick

Scott Cantrell October 9th, 2007 02:07 PM

Rick, when calling Tapeworks and requesting to speak with myself, majority of the time I am on the phone. If you leave a contact # that I can reach you, I do return calls promptly. Otherwise, you can reach me via email scott@tapeworkstexas.com and I respond pretty quickly that way as well.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Martin D. Smith November 12th, 2007 12:42 AM

UK Promotion

Hi All
I am new to this forum but can say how impressed I am so far with the amount of good advice everyone seems to be giving. I am going to buy an A1 next month here in Scotland -UK and I was wondering if anyone knows if Canon are planning any sort of promotion here in the UK. I got stung already when I bought my DSLR only to find it was put on promotion a month afterwards.
Any news or rumours would be appreciated before I go and spend my figrig money as well.
Cheers

Derek Mills January 31st, 2008 01:10 AM

Does Canon have any rebates soon for XH-A1 or XL2?

I know that Canon had some rebates back in 2007, but does anyone know if they may have any rebates forthcoming in the next month or so?

Lou Bruno February 17th, 2008 07:46 PM

Nothing yet. The Canon legal department pulled the rebate after a few days of it appearing at various sites. Some of the sites failed to eliminate the rebate which extended to March 08.

However, internet users have copied the "pulled" rebate PDF file which will cause headaches for some purchasers. Canon HDQTRS. is VERY aware of this early situation which is regrettable..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Mills (Post 817504)
I know that Canon had some rebates back in 2007, but does anyone know if they may have any rebates forthcoming in the next month or so?

Peter Ostrander February 19th, 2008 09:50 PM

Not sure if anyone knows this yet, but Canon has their $250 off promotion going on again this year through March. So now's a good time to buy.

Update.. Ooops, guess people did know.

Matthias Krause February 19th, 2008 10:02 PM

Wait, I donīt get it. Is the rebate on again or not? I just checked B&H and such, but no sign of any rebate. Do you have a link?
Thanks,
Matthias

Lou Bruno February 20th, 2008 03:54 PM

I want to put an end to the rumour. There is NO rebate until posted on the Canon site. This is NOT hearsay. I spoke to CANON directly as I am privy to some information!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Ostrander (Post 829313)
Not sure if anyone knows this yet, but Canon has their $250 off promotion going on again this year through March. So now's a good time to buy.

Update.. Ooops, guess people did know.