Canon Promotions for XHA1 and XHG1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 16th, 2007, 06:34 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Drats!

I just noticed this rebate on Canon's website.
I bought an XH-A1 (ordered on Feb. 26th)! I will contact the retailer to whine . . . :-)

-- Larry Chapman
Larry Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Xha2?

seems like CANON usualy puts out a rebate before a product change or model gets replaced. Its way too soon to expect a XHA2? or maybe an XHA1 with CMOS CCDS? By all acounts the XHA1 is a good seller. I could see a pro video product-wide rebate but I dont see a rebate on the XL-H1. Seems kinda odd.
Good, but odd.
Jack Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #18
Wrangler

I don't know that rebates are necessarily tied to the end of life of their cameras. I haven't honestly kept track, but I'm pretty sure I remember that there have been several rebates for the GL2 and maybe the XL2, and those cameras are still current models.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Chapman View Post
I just noticed this rebate on Canon's website.
I bought an XH-A1 (ordered on Feb. 26th)! I will contact the retailer to whine . . . :-)

-- Larry Chapman
I just talked to B&H and Canon USA. No joy. My XH-A1 purchased on 2/26/07 won't be getting me a $250 rebate.

I knew I should have waited to buy this camera! ;-)
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #20
Go Cycle

There will be no PRO models soon. The rebates are used to accelerate sales prior and after NAB in case of the introduction of new cameras by competitors.

However, in September, Canon will release another consumer HDV camera but not a prosumer of H1 type series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Jenkins View Post
seems like CANON usualy puts out a rebate before a product change or model gets replaced. Its way too soon to expect a XHA2? or maybe an XHA1 with CMOS CCDS? By all acounts the XHA1 is a good seller. I could see a pro video product-wide rebate but I dont see a rebate on the XL-H1. Seems kinda odd.
Good, but odd.
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #21
Regular Crew

thanks Lou, I guess Mr.CANON is just being nice. Good for us.
Jack Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #22
Major Player

Placed my order for the A1 yesterday at B&H. This was a rare case where my procrastination rewarded me. (I was planning to place the order earlier in the week but got distracted). I used part of the $250 rebate to purchase a nice Petrol rolling wingbag which happended to included a free camera raincover. Feels good to get a good deal!

The B&H rep suggested this bag for the A1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #23
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

Tapeworks is offering the XHA1 camcorder with a CamRade CB-Single I bag for $3599.00
View the 1000 stitch cordura cambag by visiting http://tapeworkstexas.com/camrade_cb_single_i_2.html
You will also receive the $250.00 rebate from Canon bringing your cost to $3399.00 for the camera and cambag!

CamRade will be releasing new products this NAB including a wetsuit, desertsuit and snowcoat specifically designed for the XHA1. If you are going to NAB, visit the CamRade booth at booth # C7817. TapeWorks Texas Inc will be working in the booth with them! I hope to see some of the DVinfo users in Vegas!

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #24
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Bruno View Post
There will be no PRO models soon. The rebates are used to accelerate sales prior and after NAB in case of the introduction of new cameras by competitors.

However, in September, Canon will release another consumer HDV camera but not a prosumer of H1 type series.
Just to clarify that is Lou's personal best guess at what the reasons for the rebate are and what the future may hold (maybe correct, maybe not). He isn't speaking for Canon.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:46 AM   #25
Regular Crew

XH-A1 Purchased on March 13th

First Post! Hello Everyone.

I purchased my XH-A1 on March 13th from B&H. Two days later I found out about this rebate. I contacted B&H on the 16th but didn't get a reply back until the 19th. They said they would send me an invoice with a new date. :)Camera should arrive today.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:54 PM   #26
Go Cycle

That's correct.

However, Canon did tell me they are trying to encourage sales in parts of the country where sales may be not up to expectations.

Canon also advised me that there will no no PRO cameras soon. Canon did advise me that another version of a HV-20 is in the works and MAY be issued prior to the September date.

Of course, things can change as in any business. But this is what I have been told. Most of my obtained information is pretty accurate as was the case with the XH-A1 and the HV-10 release dates as well as the HV-20.

However, I did read that someone posted a XL-H2 rumour.
Canon denied same..................let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer View Post
Just to clarify that is Lou's personal best guess at what the reasons for the rebate are and what the future may hold (maybe correct, maybe not). He isn't speaking for Canon.
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #27

PRE-NAB CANON XHA1 PROMOTION FROM TAPEWORKS TEXAS INC

TapeWorks is dropping the cost $100.00 from our previous price of $3595.00 to $3495.00 and still including the Free CamRade CB-SINGLE I Cambag!

Order the Canon XHA1 HDV Camcorder Kit from TapeWorks Texas for $3495.00 and receive a CamRade CB-SINGLE I Cambag Free.
REBATE AVAILABLE: $250.00 Mail-In Rebate with XHA1 Camcorder Purchase. Purchase a new Canon XHA1 camcorder and receive a $250 rebate by mail. To be eligible for the Rebate, purchase must be made from March 15, 2007 through and including June 30, 2007. Contact TapeWorks for more information to receive your Rebate.
Price after Rebate: $3,245.00
You can order from TapeWorks by simply ordering online at http://tapeworkstexas.com/canon_xha1.html

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks TExas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
Toll Free 866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com
Old May 15th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #28

TapeWorks is continuing the Promotion For the XHA1 camcorder with CB-Single I cambag for $3,495.00 through June 30, 2007

Please contact TapeWorks Texas Inc for a customized quotation.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #29
Contributor

Did you get Rod's camera and bag shipped to him? I sent him to you. It's the best deal available now. In a few days we'll have 7 XH A1s in town that I know about personally.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #30

Bill, Sorry, didn't mean to miss your post from last month. As a matter of fact, yes he did purchase the camcorder package from TapeWorks and it seems to be working great for his acquisition.

-Scott Cantrell
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders