DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon Promotions for XHA1 and XHG1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/88730-canon-promotions-xha1-xhg1.html)

Chris Hurd September 22nd, 2006 10:58 AM

Where to buy the Canon XH G1 or A1

Howdy from Texas,

Just a reminder that we refer *all* where-to-buy questions to our highly valued DV Info Net site sponsors. Those who are authorized Canon dealers offering the XH G1 and XH A1 are, in no particular order:

ZGC -- Zotz Digital -- Birns & Sawyer -- TapeWorks Texas, Inc. -- Abel CineTech -- ProductionGear (UK)

Hope this helps,

Scott Cantrell March 12th, 2007 09:11 AM

Canon Promotions for XHA1 and XHG1

TapeWorks Texas Inc is pleased to announce that Canon has released a great promotion for those of you interested in purchasing the XHA1 or XHG1!

Retail purchasers of a new XHA1, XHG1, GL2 or XL2 camcorder from an authorized Canon dealer during the promotion period are eligible for a mail-in rebate covering the promotions as outlined below.

Promotion period: March 15, 2007 - June 30, 2007

$250 Cash Back on a purchase of an XH A1
The XH A1 combines a wealth of features with the outstanding performance of a 3 CCD, High Definition camcorder. A versatile, flexible and powerful performer that is sure to meet the most uncompromising standards.

$500 Cash Back on a purchase of an XH G1
The XH G1 is an advanced High Definition camcorder with features unmatched in its category – including HD-SDI Out, SD-SDI, SMPTE Time Code In/Out (selectable) and Genlock Input capabilities.

Canon is also providing a $250 Cash Back Rebate with the purchase of their standard definition GL2 camcorder and a $300 Cash Back Rebate with the purchase of an XL2.

To Receive these Rebates, your new purchase of a Canon Professional Camcorders must be purchased through an Authorized Canon Dealer.

TapeWorks Texas Inc is a Canon Authorized Dealer and we are also providing a Free CamRade CB-Single I Cambag with the purchase of either the XHA1 or XHG1 camcorders. Please contact TapeWorks Texas Inc. toll free at (866) 827-3489 and speak to one of our professional sales representatives for a customized quotation to fit your needs.

Best Regards,

Scott B. Cantrell
Sales Manager
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
4930 Dacoma, Suite B
Houston, TX 77092
Toll Free: 866-827-3489
Direct: 713-688-3830
Fax: 713-688-2509
Email: scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Kipjaz Savoie March 12th, 2007 08:57 PM

I can't find this rebate on the Canon site, is this specific to ordering the camera from Texas Tape Works only? Thanks.

Chris Hurd March 12th, 2007 09:23 PM

"Retail purchasers of a new... camcorder from an authorized Canon dealer ...are eligible"

Chuck Wall March 13th, 2007 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the XHA1 rebate form!

Chuck

Kipjaz Savoie March 13th, 2007 07:08 AM

Ah that's what I was looking for - thanks very much Chuck!!

Ben Crosbie March 13th, 2007 07:44 AM

Dang! I bought my camera in February, so I just missed this. Anyone know if there is still a way to get the rebate?

Jason Lowe March 13th, 2007 08:10 AM

I suppose a price drop in conjunction with the rebate is too much to hope for, but this rebate makes this really tempting.

William Boehm March 13th, 2007 11:58 AM

xh a1 rebate

contact the company you bought it from and have them post date a new invoice.

Ben Crosbie March 13th, 2007 01:43 PM

Would a company really do that? Either way, it may be more complicated than that, because I just had to send in my camera for repairs to the canon service center, and I had to give them the date of purchase. I would imagine this could prevent me from getting the rebate.

Don Palomaki March 13th, 2007 04:48 PM

Rebate effective period starts in a couple days, so Canon may not post it until the start date, no reason for them to delay what would otherwise be a no-rebate sales.

Greg Joyce March 15th, 2007 10:28 AM

Texas Tape Works or B&H?

So I’m going to order the XHA1 today or tomorrow morning. The only question is do I order from B&H or Texas Tape Works?

B&H has a stellar reputation with thousands of recommendations on resellerratings.com as well as excellent marks from the DVX forum.

Texas Tape Works is endorsed by Chris on this forum. They’re offering the camera for the same price as B&H (for $100 extra, you can get a CamRade CB single 1 cambag). I’d like to support a company that supports this forum, but Texas Tape has only 8 (albeit excellent) reviews on Resellers, none newer than last year.

I’m in Boston so geographic location is not that much of an issue.

Which place would you recommend?

(And if I've placed this message in the wrong thread, please feel free to move.)

Glen Elliott March 15th, 2007 10:56 AM

Thanks Chris- now I want to buy a second A1!

Paulo Teixeira March 15th, 2007 03:56 PM

The 3500 dollar price tag at B&H was already very low and now you get a 250 rebate from Canon for a final price of around 3250. Is Canon loosing their mind? I think Sony have to lower the price of the V1u because of this. Canon is really respecting their costumers with this promotion.

Chris Hurd March 15th, 2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Borg (Post 642188)
I hope someone from Canon comes across this forum.

Unfortunately, corporate policy from Canon Inc. forbids their participation on message boards -- something I have been lobbying for a very long time to get them to change. It must be understood that Canon USA and Canon Europa are two separate companies, each with their own particular promotions, specials and similar programs. Here's hoping that the EU & UK divisions will step up to the plate with an equivalent rebate.

Larry Chapman March 16th, 2007 06:34 AM

Drats!

I just noticed this rebate on Canon's website.
I bought an XH-A1 (ordered on Feb. 26th)! I will contact the retailer to whine . . . :-)

-- Larry Chapman

Jack Jenkins March 16th, 2007 09:36 AM

Xha2?

seems like CANON usualy puts out a rebate before a product change or model gets replaced. Its way too soon to expect a XHA2? or maybe an XHA1 with CMOS CCDS? By all acounts the XHA1 is a good seller. I could see a pro video product-wide rebate but I dont see a rebate on the XL-H1. Seems kinda odd.
Good, but odd.

Pete Bauer March 16th, 2007 09:48 AM

I don't know that rebates are necessarily tied to the end of life of their cameras. I haven't honestly kept track, but I'm pretty sure I remember that there have been several rebates for the GL2 and maybe the XL2, and those cameras are still current models.

Larry Chapman March 16th, 2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Chapman (Post 642616)
I just noticed this rebate on Canon's website.
I bought an XH-A1 (ordered on Feb. 26th)! I will contact the retailer to whine . . . :-)

-- Larry Chapman

I just talked to B&H and Canon USA. No joy. My XH-A1 purchased on 2/26/07 won't be getting me a $250 rebate.

I knew I should have waited to buy this camera! ;-)

Lou Bruno March 16th, 2007 11:36 AM

There will be no PRO models soon. The rebates are used to accelerate sales prior and after NAB in case of the introduction of new cameras by competitors.

However, in September, Canon will release another consumer HDV camera but not a prosumer of H1 type series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Jenkins (Post 642720)
seems like CANON usualy puts out a rebate before a product change or model gets replaced. Its way too soon to expect a XHA2? or maybe an XHA1 with CMOS CCDS? By all acounts the XHA1 is a good seller. I could see a pro video product-wide rebate but I dont see a rebate on the XL-H1. Seems kinda odd.
Good, but odd.

Jack Jenkins March 16th, 2007 12:34 PM

thanks Lou, I guess Mr.CANON is just being nice. Good for us.

Art Varga March 16th, 2007 05:54 PM

Placed my order for the A1 yesterday at B&H. This was a rare case where my procrastination rewarded me. (I was planning to place the order earlier in the week but got distracted). I used part of the $250 rebate to purchase a nice Petrol rolling wingbag which happended to included a free camera raincover. Feels good to get a good deal!

The B&H rep suggested this bag for the A1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Scott Cantrell March 19th, 2007 03:18 PM

Tapeworks is offering the XHA1 camcorder with a CamRade CB-Single I bag for $3599.00
View the 1000 stitch cordura cambag by visiting http://tapeworkstexas.com/camrade_cb_single_i_2.html
You will also receive the $250.00 rebate from Canon bringing your cost to $3399.00 for the camera and cambag!

CamRade will be releasing new products this NAB including a wetsuit, desertsuit and snowcoat specifically designed for the XHA1. If you are going to NAB, visit the CamRade booth at booth # C7817. TapeWorks Texas Inc will be working in the booth with them! I hope to see some of the DVinfo users in Vegas!

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Pete Bauer March 19th, 2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Bruno (Post 642803)
There will be no PRO models soon. The rebates are used to accelerate sales prior and after NAB in case of the introduction of new cameras by competitors.

However, in September, Canon will release another consumer HDV camera but not a prosumer of H1 type series.

Just to clarify that is Lou's personal best guess at what the reasons for the rebate are and what the future may hold (maybe correct, maybe not). He isn't speaking for Canon.

Kevin Amundson March 20th, 2007 07:46 AM

XH-A1 Purchased on March 13th

First Post! Hello Everyone.

I purchased my XH-A1 on March 13th from B&H. Two days later I found out about this rebate. I contacted B&H on the 16th but didn't get a reply back until the 19th. They said they would send me an invoice with a new date. :)Camera should arrive today.

Lou Bruno March 23rd, 2007 01:54 PM

That's correct.

However, Canon did tell me they are trying to encourage sales in parts of the country where sales may be not up to expectations.

Canon also advised me that there will no no PRO cameras soon. Canon did advise me that another version of a HV-20 is in the works and MAY be issued prior to the September date.

Of course, things can change as in any business. But this is what I have been told. Most of my obtained information is pretty accurate as was the case with the XH-A1 and the HV-10 release dates as well as the HV-20.

However, I did read that someone posted a XL-H2 rumour.
Canon denied same..................let's see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Bauer (Post 644468)
Just to clarify that is Lou's personal best guess at what the reasons for the rebate are and what the future may hold (maybe correct, maybe not). He isn't speaking for Canon.

Scott Cantrell March 27th, 2007 10:45 AM

PRE-NAB CANON XHA1 PROMOTION FROM TAPEWORKS TEXAS INC

TapeWorks is dropping the cost $100.00 from our previous price of $3595.00 to $3495.00 and still including the Free CamRade CB-SINGLE I Cambag!

Order the Canon XHA1 HDV Camcorder Kit from TapeWorks Texas for $3495.00 and receive a CamRade CB-SINGLE I Cambag Free.
REBATE AVAILABLE: $250.00 Mail-In Rebate with XHA1 Camcorder Purchase. Purchase a new Canon XHA1 camcorder and receive a $250 rebate by mail. To be eligible for the Rebate, purchase must be made from March 15, 2007 through and including June 30, 2007. Contact TapeWorks for more information to receive your Rebate.
Price after Rebate: $3,245.00
You can order from TapeWorks by simply ordering online at http://tapeworkstexas.com/canon_xha1.html

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks TExas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
Toll Free 866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Scott Cantrell May 15th, 2007 04:01 PM

TapeWorks is continuing the Promotion For the XHA1 camcorder with CB-Single I cambag for $3,495.00 through June 30, 2007

Please contact TapeWorks Texas Inc for a customized quotation.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Bill Pryor May 15th, 2007 09:47 PM

Did you get Rod's camera and bag shipped to him? I sent him to you. It's the best deal available now. In a few days we'll have 7 XH A1s in town that I know about personally.

Scott Cantrell June 18th, 2007 12:53 PM

Bill, Sorry, didn't mean to miss your post from last month. As a matter of fact, yes he did purchase the camcorder package from TapeWorks and it seems to be working great for his acquisition.

-Scott Cantrell

Scott Cantrell June 18th, 2007 12:57 PM

TapeWorks Texas Inc has an offer for HDVinfo users through June 30, 2007

XHA1 Package Promo Includes:
Canon XHA1 HDV Camcorder, 4 Year Extended Warranty, Libec LS38(M)2A Tripod, CamRade CB-Single-1 CamBag, Tiffen 72MM UV Filter, 5 Panasonic 63 Minute Advanced Master Quality Tapes

HDVINFO PACKAGE PRICE: $4,249.95
Price After Canon $250 Mail In Rebate: $3,999.95
Package Promotion Valid until 06/30/07

Contact TapeWorks Texas Inc Toll Free 866.827.3489 to place your order or simply go online to http://tapeworkstexas.com/xha1_package_1.html

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Sales Manager
tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net

Pete Bauer June 19th, 2007 10:12 AM

I have removed a post by a new member that discussed and linked a non-sponsor vendor. Thanks to all who haven't done so recently for taking a moment now to review the TOS and Sponsor pages of DVinfo, as we all should periodically take a few minutes to do. They explain why DVinfo only allows links to the handpicked sponsors of the site.

John Richard June 19th, 2007 04:03 PM

Canon Rebate Problems

We properly followed all 3 steps required in the Canon Rebate Form and submitted it to the address shown on the form.

Canon is using a third-party company to handle the rebate process. Unfortunately, the company named RebatesHQ.com is mis-handling the process. They sent us a "tracking #" and when we checked the status of of rebate it shows it as INVALID because "serial # is missing".

We provided the serial # on 4 different documents - 1) on the UPC Code they required 2) on the Invoice 3) on the packing sheet 4) on the copy of the Canon registration form. We keep kept copies our submission.

When we used the email form that RebatesHQ.com provides as the only means of communication with them and reported their error and all the facts, we rec'ed an acknowledgement that they had rec'ed our email and would respond in 2 business days. That was 6 business days ago! We have sent a 2nd request for correction/response and still have not gotten an answer or the promised call from a rep.

So for all of you who took advantage of the rebate on the XHG1 or A1, be sure you track your rebate to make sure the same does not happen to you.

Anyone else having the same problem?

At this point, we are going to contact Canon and let them know that their rebate vendor is making errors and not communicating. Canon is a great company and does not need vendors like this tarnishing their repution for excellent service.

John Richard June 20th, 2007 03:40 PM

Ok - we suddenly got an email response back saying that the error had been corrected and our rebate status was now valid and due for payment in Aug.

I have a suspicion that my posting here about the problem had some effect since the correction so quickly followed the posting.

Anyway, the advice to check your rebate status to ensure things are handled properly is still offered. $250 to $500 is a great and valuable rebate from Canon.

Jason Lowe July 4th, 2007 08:58 PM

If you missed it the first time around, Canon has a new, identical rebate offer ($250 back on the A1, $500 back on the G1) running from July 1 through September 30th.

Tobin Strickland July 5th, 2007 11:38 AM

Tape Works

I pick up my Xh A1 from Tapeworks on Friday and they were great to deal with. Good down to earth people. I was extremely thirsty during my purchase....probably dry mount from spending so much (great deal on the cam though)...and Kurt offered me his very own Coke from the fridge...Now THAT is something you won't get anywhere else.

Thanks guys.
Tobin

Andrew Dryden July 16th, 2007 05:26 PM

Problems with Canon Rebate

Hi all-
I too am having problems with the Canon rebate. I bought my camera in March and still haven't heard anything from the company after sending in the paperwork over three months ago. I have tried calling and checking online. Does anyone have some other tips for how to pursue this?? Thanks,
Andy

John Richard July 17th, 2007 01:02 PM

I hope Canon is monitoring the company handling their rebate program as it doesn't appear to be going smoothly - lot's of reported problems - quite different than the high standards of Canon itself.

We finally rec'ed a correction of our rebate problem (after posting references to problems on this forum). The email notice stated our rebate was now valid as of 6/15/07 and to "please allow up to 30 days for receipt of rebate check".... well that maximum wait of 30 days is now past and no rebate check.

If the above poster filed for his rebate in March and still has not rec'ed it, then it really makes me wonder if most of us will ever see the rebate.

Ben Hayflick July 18th, 2007 11:24 AM

I also haven't received my check yet. They received my submission on 5/14/07 and had to issue me a second check, as the first was "lost in the mail." The second check still has not come.

btw there's another thread on this problem here:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...=1#post1002066

Ben Hayflick July 20th, 2007 01:12 PM

Good news, my check arrived today.

So my advice is basically to just keep an eye on your submission, and if it takes longer than it should, call Parago. If problems persist, call Canon. In short, stay on top of it, and you will eventually get your rebate check.